How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2020, 04:23 AM

Default ASC submit problem

Hello,

I'm in the process to transfer an Academic Pro Tools 2018 License following the instructions provided by AVID Customer Care to me. I'm the "buyer" so I’ve just filled out the AVID TOO form and purchased an ASC that I’ve just activated but nothing occurred when I submit my ASC code at https://avid.secure.force.com/ASC/ASCWebToCaseHomePage No errors, nothing. I don’t know how to upload the TOO form. Any hints?
I've never owned an Avid product before and the option of Support Center (Portal) is disabled in my account in my.avid.com. if that matters. I attach a screenshot.

Thank you in advance,

Cataldo Torelli.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captura de pantalla 2020-12-11 a las 13.21.59.jpg (43.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-12-2020, 07:37 AM

Default Re: ASC submit problem

Hello again, I've attached a screenshot of the email received with the ASC details.
I haven't got any improvement on the situation. I really need some help, we are stuck.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASC Details.jpg (19.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-12-2020, 12:37 PM

Hi there,
I’m having the exact same issue! I’m selling my license and have purchased a code yesterday so that I can submit the TOO form. But as you say, as soon as I enter the code on the page it does nothing! It’s like the page just refreshes and I can’t do anything else. However, if I put in an incorrect code in on purpose it says ‘code is incorrect’.
Really frustrating and disappointing. It’s a joke that we are having to pay for these ‘support’ codes that don’t even work!
Avid, sort this out ASAP!!
Old 12-12-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateltecnico View Post
Hello,

I'm in the process to transfer an Academic Pro Tools 2018 License following the instructions provided by AVID Customer Care to me. I'm the "buyer" so I’ve just filled out the AVID TOO form and purchased an ASC that I’ve just activated but nothing occurred when I submit my ASC code at https://avid.secure.force.com/ASC/ASCWebToCaseHomePage No errors, nothing. I don’t know how to upload the TOO form. Any hints?
I've never owned an Avid product before and the option of Support Center (Portal) is disabled in my account in my.avid.com. if that matters. I attach a screenshot.

Thank you in advance,

Cataldo Torelli.
If it helps I ended up contacting Avid Support on Twitter and was given a case number. Then once you have that you should be able to log on to My Avid and the Access Support Portal. Once you have done that you can find your case note and then attach the form via the portal.
I’ve just done that so hoping that will speed things up!
If anyone from Avid is listening my case number is 04077182 so the TOO form is now uploaded ready to be processed, fingers crossed!
Old 12-13-2020, 12:39 AM

Dont think edu licenses are transferable as they are personal and cant be resold.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2020, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Dont think edu licenses are transferable as they are personal and cant be resold.
They are, indeed. I asked Avid Support and they told me that edu licences are transferrable if requisites are accomplished.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2020, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdanny View Post
If it helps I ended up contacting Avid Support on Twitter and was given a case number. Then once you have that you should be able to log on to My Avid and the Access Support Portal. Once you have done that you can find your case note and then attach the form via the portal.

I’ve just done that so hoping that will speed things up!

If anyone from Avid is listening my case number is 04077182 so the TOO form is now uploaded ready to be processed, fingers crossed!
Thank you, I will try this method if I don't receive any answer to my email request.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:07 AM

Just an update, I contacted Avid Customer Support by Twitter and email and I've got an answer and things seem to go ahead. I was able to send the TOO form by mail so we are on the next level. But I can't help but think why the ASC submit page doesn't work.... Well, thank you Avid for providing a workaround.