Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 07-27-2020, 12:47 PM

Default Mohave to Yosemite

I have two macbook pro's
First is a 13" mid2012 that has OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 (belongs to wifey now)
Second is a newer model Retina, 15", 2014 Mac OS Mohave 10.14.6

First laptop is from a an audio school that has a few apps that I would like to use on the new laptop, such as Protools 10 & 11, and Final Cut Pro X.

I transferred everything from old laptop to new but PT and FCPX do not work the same, PT 10 doesn't work at all. I get import audio error messages on PT 11 and other error messages. FCPX only works if I go into Finder, show package contents, contents, mac OS, then double click Final Cut Pro. Then a lot of the plugins and features don't work correctly.

Okay, so all this to say is I would like to change my new laptop that has Mohave to be changed to Yosemite. Through many youtube videos and websites, i've learned that this is what needs to be changed. I've tried following directions from some of the things i've seen and read but something always stops the progress I think i'm making. For example, I have to go into terminal and paste the "sudo" code (not sure what the correct term is) but this doesn't work.

So in short, is there a way to go from Mohave OS to Yosemite?
I've followed the link on apple to download Yosemite, but the "sudo" is not on website and one I found doesn't work.

Thank you

Oh and here is one link that I tried but I ran into a dead end here. Not sure if this was something i needed to do anyways.
https://www.macworld.com/article/236...all-drive.html
Old 07-28-2020, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Mohave to Yosemite

Google for instructions how to create botable USB installer, then just erase your system drive and continue with the installation process. Be sure to not use any kind of migration software to your downgrade, you will only invite trobule. Everything need to be copied manually.

Cloning your current drive to external drive with CCC will be a good idea, especially if you are unsure of what you are doing.