Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2022, 12:58 PM

Default MODO Bass question

I know I know - why am I asking about IK's MODO Bass when I'm also more than capable of playing a real physical bass. Well I started mucking about with the demo and got impressed enough to plunk down the cash for it while it's on sale. It can do things my Jazz bass I surely can't and I have no way to hire/rent a variety of basses. There's no sampled basses that cover all the basses that MODO does.

With that out of the way my issues is: drop tuning, Specifically there's an option on 5 and 6 string basses in MODO to go to drop A on the low B string. Been looking for something like that. However when I enable drop tuning there's no apparent way to play the low A and A# notes on either my MIDI keyboard or by using the cursor to play the notes on the fretboard in the gui. The lowest note I can play on the B is B; I do see that there is a fret for the A# and the A at the nut but there's no way to play those notes.

Can anyone help me out? Got a support ticket in with IK and also posted on their forum but I hold out little hope for getting any resolution in any reasonable time scale.

QAPLA!
Old 01-26-2022, 03:04 PM

Default Re: MODO Bass question

It's considered bad form to reply to one's own post but I owe this to the community. It turns out that when the drop tuning feature to go from B on the low string to A there were/are keyswitch assignments that interfered with the notes. With a little bit of help from someone at IK they put me on to the problem and I had to figure out the rest myself. Ended up going to the 'control' page and disabling the keyswitches for entries that were interfering.

Basically I had to turn off the functions that used A# and A as keyswitches. Or I could have re-assigned them which I may do in the future.

Should have been caught when IK added the drop tuning.

QAPLA!