How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2022, 05:55 PM

Default Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle v18.10 - macOS v12.1

- macOS v12.1
- iMac M1 2021 (16GB RAM, 8-core CPU/GPU)
- Pro Tools 2021.12.0 (Subscription)

Hi all,

I needed to replace my late 2012 iMac recently after it finally died, and after careful consideration I went for the new M1 iMac. At this stage the only audio related software that isn't running smoothly is Pro Tools, and more specifically the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle.

The iLok License Manager is up to date, and all licenses are activated and synced including the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle. However, every time I open Pro Tools I get this message:

"The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not compatible with this OS. Check with the plug-in manufacturer for a newer version." It then lists all plug-ins included in the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle with an option to move these all to the un-unused folder.

There are only a few other plug-in manufacturers that are not natively compatible with either M1 systems or this version of macOS, but most can be run with Rosetta 2. Avid have stated that Pro Tools is not yet supported on macOS Montery which I acknowledge and the only noticeable issues running Pro Tools on this new system so far has been intermittent audio drop outs during playback. I can only assume this is related to the un-supported Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle.

Is there a workaround or solution to get Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle operational or is it just a case of in-compatible?
Old 01-13-2022, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle v18.10 - macOS v12.1

It's a well known and extensively discussed issue on DUC. (you can search before posting, or search to find out more).

With your particular iMac you can downgrade to macOS Big Sur and address this. That's the solution for now, until Avid addresses the problems.

You'll be blown away by the performance difference with the new iMac. Hopefully you have enough space to run sessions and samples off the super-fast internal SSD.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
It's a well known and extensively discussed issue on DUC. (you can search before posting, or search to find out more).

With your particular iMac you can downgrade to macOS Big Sur and address this. That's the solution for now, until Avid addresses the problems.

You'll be blown away by the performance difference with the new iMac. Hopefully you have enough space to run sessions and samples off the super-fast internal SSD.
Thanks for your quick reply. Are the audio drop outs related to the Plug-In Bundle or the macOS v12.1?
Old 01-13-2022, 08:53 PM

I can't guess about the audio drop outs and I personally would not waste time trying to debug that now... I am assuming you want the plugins to work so the only option to that is back to Big Sur for now. If you have problems once on Big Sur then start with standard troubleshooting (see "help us help you" up top of each DUC web page). Making especially sure that "ignore errors" is *not* checked, test with the largest IO buffer size, and check using Built In Output (or whatever its' called) as the playback engine. And if you've already installed a lot of stuff, I would not just blow that all away, create a new APFS container to install Big Sur in and test Pro Tools works OK on that. Keep Monterey for future use (or boot between systems if that works for you).
Old 01-15-2022, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I can't guess about the audio drop outs and I personally would not waste time trying to debug that now... I am assuming you want the plugins to work so the only option to that is back to Big Sur for now. If you have problems once on Big Sur then start with standard troubleshooting (see "help us help you" up top of each DUC web page). Making especially sure that "ignore errors" is *not* checked, test with the largest IO buffer size, and check using Built In Output (or whatever its' called) as the playback engine. And if you've already installed a lot of stuff, I would not just blow that all away, create a new APFS container to install Big Sur in and test Pro Tools works OK on that. Keep Monterey for future use (or boot between systems if that works for you).
Thanks for your detailed response here. Pro Tools isn't a priority to me right now as I don't rely on it for work, but I do do use it exclusively for personal editing and restoration projects, and I'm happy to wait for native or Rosetta support when that happens as opposed to downgrading the OS. I am noticing a few bugs with Montery in general despite the compatibility issues with Pro Tools, just small things.