Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-15-2021, 07:40 PM

Default Setting an absolute-time position to a barline?

What would be the best way to make a timecode-based marker (Absolute position) fall on the beginning of a bar?

I know I need two tempos: an initial tempo some amount of time before the marker, and a second tempo that I want the musical content to follow, from the point of the absolute-time marker.

Ideally, I'd like for the marker to fall on the second bar after the second tempo, so I have a bar of lead-in.

Is there any way to make Pro Tools do this math for me and auto-generate the first tempo?
Old 12-03-2021, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Setting an absolute-time position to a barline?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. You want to assign Bar 1 Beat 1 to a specific timecode? If this is the case, just spot your cursor to that timecode position, press command+I and type in bar 1 beat 1.

This will also snap the default tempo marker to that position and you can set the tempo by double clicking on the red marker on the tempo lane. You can apply subsequent tempo change at a new selection point with the + symbol on the tempo lane.