Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-06-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: digi 002 rack never got to work with g5

first i just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me with my problem. i actually tried posting on dealmac because the vibe their is very responsive and people really try to help.

i will try pulling the ram that may in fact be the problem

nito gan
Old 03-06-2005, 03:20 PM

If the RAM is a problem, you'd likely be experiencing other random kernel panics and program crashes.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:49 PM

i too am having the same problem with a digi 002 rack. i have a dual 1.8 g5 running os x 10.3.7. the only way i can get it to work is if i turn the digi rack on before i turn the g5 on. i can not run anything but protools (6.4 by the way). For example if i run itunes or reason 2.5 before i run protools, protools will crash. also if i try to run any applications after i have been runing protools that application will crash. i often run reason 2.5 but i have to completely restart the mac before loading the program. another problem i am having is that i cannot load a new session in protools. i have to completely save and close the session, quit protools, restart the mac, load protools again, and then finally load a new session. I called tech support, and emailed them, and never got a reply of solution. seems to me there is a problem that is not being addressed. wether it be hardware of software. i sure miss my beige g3 and digi 001. (wonder if the guy would sale it back to me P I would probably swap even!)

Do any of you have a problem with an audible high pitch noise after running you digi002 for long perdiods of time?
Old 06-25-2005, 07:48 PM

i am back!

anyhoo, i finally had the time to pull the RAM and IT STILL DOES NOT WORK. That is to say that I HAVE NEVER GOT THE DIGI 002 product to work with my G5 ever. I would really love it if someone out there could read through this thread and find out if there is any solution to this problem.

Digidesign has really not been very helpful and instead has been kind of you spent the 3 to 4 thousand now it is your problem.

I would really appreciate it if they would send me a copy of 6.7 so I could see if that might alleviate the problem.

ANY INPUT AT THIS POINT IS APPRECIATED!!

Nito Gan
[email protected]
Old 06-26-2005, 08:28 AM

Just seems to me that it's a Mac problem.
The 002r works with your laptop so it's proves it's functional.
The fact that Final Cut has no problems really means nothing since it is a different program with different requirements.
I would have been back to the Apple dealer or in touch with Apple a long time ago.
That's one of the reasons I get my Macs locally it makes things like fast to check out.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:58 AM

Nito - I recommended setting power saver setting to HIGHEST, it's very important. Did you try that?

Old 06-26-2005, 11:15 AM

Error -6093 operating system held off interrupts for too long.

If you frequently encounter a -6093 error, increase the Hardware Buffer Size. (Setups menu > Playback Engine).

Taken from the Read Me for Pro Tools LE v6.7 for Macintosh (Item # 46779)

Platform: OS X ID: 28939 Created: 11/16/2004
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:56 PM

I think you may have a point about it being a problem with my macintosh. it kind of stinks you know when you had a set up (ie I used to have a digi 001 woth a beige G3 and that always worked, ALWAYS) you think if you pay more money the product should be even more stable and that just isnt the case. incidentally, my 002rack was one of the bum units with the bad power harness.

it seems to me you go to the coffee shop in the morning to get your coffee and there it is. if they try to get pastries, muffins, gum, lotto tickets and then one day they forget to make coffee, that really upsets the customers.

you should turn your pro tools system on and it should at the very least work. this business where i have to figure out whether it is digidesign or apple is ridiculous. incidentally, the rack doesnt work with my dell system either (pentium 4 2.8 i got from outrageous deals section)

anyhoo, thanks for everyones help i will check with apple to see if there is something that i can do at that end...

nito
Old 07-24-2005, 09:19 PM

i am back and it is july 25th and i still have not gotten my g5 to work with the digi 002 rack. i was hoping that digidesign might step up to the plate and resolve this issue with a software update that should hopefully be free ( seeing as that i spent 2000 on their unit 2500 on the g5 and had the bad power harness issue.) they however are not interested in customer loyalty and instead are interested in other things.

currently i am planning to pull my PCI card to see if that should make a difference.

thanks for anyone's help in this matter in advance.
nito gan
Old 07-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Avid

Nito - please let us know if anything changes after removing that card.

Do you possibly have any other cards installed in this computer?

Do you have any kind of wireless/bluetooth or Airport device enabled? If so, disabling them when using Pro Tools could fix the problem.

Have you done everything indicated in the above post as well as in the 'General Troubleshooting' thread at the top of this forum?

If so, one more thing to try would be to create a new administrator account, sign in under it and try everything again.

As a last resort, try running the Apple Hardware Test from the CD that came with your G5. Let it run overnight and see if there are any possible hardware issues.