Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Kompakt Instruments in PT

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...=digidesign_us

Have you read this info?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Have you tried wrapping the VST version of Intakt to RTAS?
I still run my Kompakt-players with the VST2RTAS-FXpansion wrapper, but Kontakt 2.11 is very stable in RTAS with PTLE 7.1cs8. Stay away from all K2 versions before 2.11 since they had so many bugs and flaws that it just made you go crazy.... To me the K2.11 solution is by far the best...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-30-2006, 02:22 AM

Thanks for the help guys...Wait a minute...so you're saying that I can use Kontakt to run these individual standalone products like Stormdrum and ignore the Kompakt players they come attached with? I had no idea! I might buy Kontakt just for stability purposes then..Just to be clear, you guys are saying that once I buy Kontakt, everytime I buy something like RA, Colossus, Stormdrum, etc...I can bypass their individual players and just load their "patches" into Kontakt, Gigastudio style? That'd be great...
Old 07-30-2006, 03:56 AM

- yep ;-)

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org
Old 07-30-2006, 04:18 AM

http://www.native-instruments.com/fi..._libraries.pdf

This shows which NI sample player that are compatible with each sample library.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys...Wait a minute...so you're saying that I can use Kontakt to run these individual standalone products like Stormdrum and ignore the Kompakt players they come attached with? I had no idea! I might buy Kontakt just for stability purposes then..Just to be clear, you guys are saying that once I buy Kontakt, everytime I buy something like RA, Colossus, Stormdrum, etc...I can bypass their individual players and just load their "patches" into Kontakt, Gigastudio style? That'd be great...
In my opinion it makes much more sense to use Kontakt as your sample machine and play all these Sample Librarys.
Also you can use individual samples of the libs for building new sounds.....

best

Hanz Marathon
Old 07-30-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
In my opinion it makes much more sense to use Kontakt as your sample machine and play all these Sample Librarys.
Also you can use individual samples of the libs for building new sounds.....

best

Hanz Marathon