Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-08-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Help! Yamaha Motif Midi Setup with Protools LE 6.4

Hello,
I have Protools LE 6.4, Mbox. I have a classic Yamaha Motif8. I want to record my motif with protools and having trouble with the midi setup. I have installed the Motif driver on my computer for Protools. I have Windows XP. My motif is connected to my Sony VAIO Laptop PCG-GRT260G via USB. I have a 120G Firewire Drive etc., and all the right hookups. I am having trouble getting the midi setup established. How do I route the signal flow to hear and record my motif through Protools? How do I configure Protools to see, hear and record my Motif? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have just finished the Protools training classes (101, 201, 210M) but still trying to absorb all this stuff to apply it. This whole midi setup can't be as complicated as it seems. Please help. Thanks. Warrioress
Old 11-09-2004, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Help! Yamaha Motif Midi Setup with Protools LE 6.4

Hi Warrioress,

I own Yamaha Motif 6 - Use New USB driver (USB-MIDI Driver V2.1.1) from Yamaha Japan
and everything will be Fine (-:

here is link : http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/synd...er.html#umxp2k

Then go in motif :Utility - midi - other - and use : USB in/out port.
Next : Utility - midi - switch - LocalCtrl to off

In Protools : New Aux - MOTIF in
: New midi - Yamaha usb 1 - REC .Done.

Have a nice day.
CAU (-;
Old 11-09-2004, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Help! Yamaha Motif Midi Setup with Protools LE 6.4

Thanks for the tip. I installed the USB Midi Driver v. 2.09 from Yamaha, updated my driver and turned off my local control on my Motif. I can record and see the midi data on a Midi track in protools but still having trouble hearing it. I'm half way there. When I route the signal flow with the midi and aux tracks, i still hear nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.