Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2013, 02:56 PM

Default my e-mail inbox is flooded by plug companies!

Everyday I'm getting e-mails that say buy this now at the special sale price and upgrade to aax 64 free* (*when it comes out)

I understand that this is a technique being incorporated to give the plug in companies income to subsidize the programming cost of the plug in updates, but don't they realize that there is a LARGE market of us that are waiting and will pay the Day they release their updates.

Waves, Antares, Eventide, Softube etc. They and Avid will be amazed at how many users pull the trigger on the upgrade - - we just want the assurance that it's ready roll for PT11.

It's like the ketchup commercials from the 1970's with the jingle music of "Anticipation" LOL

just my .02

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

peace

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey
Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 PM

Default Re: my e-mail inbox is flooded by plug companies!

Word.

Phone +46707773443
Old 08-31-2013, 04:05 AM

Yep !!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampmusic View Post
Everyday I'm getting e-mails that say buy this now at the special sale price and upgrade to aax 64 free* (*when it comes out)

I understand that this is a technique being incorporated to give the plug in companies income to subsidize the programming cost of the plug in updates, but don't they realize that there is a LARGE market of us that are waiting and will pay the Day they release their updates.

Waves, Antares, Eventide, Softube etc. They and Avid will be amazed at how many users pull the trigger on the upgrade - - we just want the assurance that it's ready roll for PT11.

It's like the ketchup commercials from the 1970's with the jingle music of "Anticipation" LOL

just my .02

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

peace
Opposite here. I have bought a LOT of plugs lately from companies like Softube, Slate, and others I know are going to AAX 64. I am not going to wait and miss out on 60% off or more by being stubborn. Plus I don't mind helping these companies out with some income during this transition for them.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 08-31-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Opposite here. I have bought a LOT of plugs lately from companies like Softube, Slate, and others I know are going to AAX 64. I am not going to wait and miss out on 60% off or more by being stubborn. Plus I don't mind helping these companies out with some income during this transition for them.
Well said!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 AM

McDSP, Nomad, Waves, SoundToys, Antares, AIR Technology. Please stop trying sell me new stuff when I cant use the stuff I already bought in Pro Tools 11

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 08-31-2013, 07:33 AM

Many of these we already own, but would rather hold on to our $$$ until we know that the PT11 ready version plugs are ready for prime time.

For example: we have not upgraded WUP because waves is unclear with an eta.

If discourse like "coming soon", "just right around the corner", "ready by the 4th quarter of 2013", "we should be ready this year" continues to be used, then there is another side to that coin - - - "We will pay WUP, upgrade fees etc when we see something tangible.

I don't known about most professionals here, but I don't get a paycheck till my job is done.

Like I suggested in my OP - all of these big plug companies will make the big $$$ because there is a massive population of users that want work at the next level and are 100% guaranteed to pull the trigger as soon as the ball drops.

BTW: we are loving some of the alternative plugs that are working great already in AAX2!

Seriously I can envision a "post Waves era" in PT, not hating, just stating.

Have a good weekend people :)

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey
Old 08-31-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampmusic View Post
Many of these we already own, but would rather hold on to our $$$ until we know that the PT11 ready version plugs are ready for prime time.

For example: we have not upgraded WUP because waves is unclear with an eta.

If discourse like "coming soon", "just right around the corner", "ready by the 4th quarter of 2013", "we should be ready this year" continues to be used, then there is another side to that coin - - - "We will pay WUP, upgrade fees etc when we see something tangible.

I don't known about most professionals here, but I don't get a paycheck till my job is done.

Like I suggested in my OP - all of these big plug companies will make the big $$$ because there is a massive population of users that want work at the next level and are 100% guaranteed to pull the trigger as soon as the ball drops.

BTW: we are loving some of the alternative plugs that are working great already in AAX2!

Seriously I can envision a "post Waves era" in PT, not hating, just stating.

Have a good weekend people :)
Something like WUP is different. The price is what it is most all the time. Places like audiodeluxe are having major plugs at 50-70% off like crazy the the last couple months. I have picked up lots of stuff I have wanted but not truly needed that are being ported over to 64. In my almost 15 years in PT have never seen prices like this from so many devs. I figure for what they are doing on price, I am willin to wait it out in return and have them for 10 in the meantime. I have saved way over a grand from the normal selling price of the plugs I have bought the last couple months. That's a big deal to me and worth it to strike now.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10