Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 08:57 PM

Default stylus rmx & pro tools le

Hi all I am trying to install stylus and i got it too work for awhile until i updated quicktime. Now I am getting a dae error 7401. Spectrasonics tech support is the worst. I called and haven't heard a response in 2 weeks. It has something to do with the vst plug in that has to be in the library /audio/plug ins/vst folder but this does not appear in the folder upon installation . So where is this plug in?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: stylus rmx & pro tools le

I'm running Stylus RMX with PTLE 6.7cs7 with no problems. I have QT Pro 6.5.2. It also ran fine before I upgraded to the QT Pro version and just had the player.

I can't imagine why a VST plugin would have anything to do with either QT or PTLE.

If it makes any difference, I did install the VST version of Stylus RMX (and AU and RTAS) and the StylusRMX.vst file is in the vst plugins folder.

You don't say what version of QT, MacOS, or PTLE you're running. That will no doubt make a difference.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Hi all I am trying to install stylus and i got it too work for awhile until i updated quicktime. Now I am getting a dae error 7401. Spectrasonics tech support is the worst. I called and haven't heard a response in 2 weeks. It has something to do with the vst plug in that has to be in the library /audio/plug ins/vst folder but this does not appear in the folder upon installation . So where is this plug in?
If you've been to the FAQ page at http://www.spectrasonics.net/rmxcommunity , you already know this means the plugin hasn't been installed. I'd suggest going to the update page, download the latest RTAS version, and install that. Once you do, there should be a StylusRMX.vst in /library/audio/plug-ins/vst.

- Glenn
Old 02-12-2005, 12:05 PM

I don't know why but when i updated quicktime to 6.52 it caused stylus to stop working. I have osx10.38 and pro tools 6.4cs9 with a dual gig quicksilver 1.5 gig ram. I downloaded the updater and it still is not showing up. Can someone provided the procedure on how to install? I did an easy install to the boot drive and downloaded the updater and still dae error. The only thing that shows up is the rmx wrapper in the pro tools plug in folder. I also unistalled it several times and reinstalled still not happening. What do i need in that folder? And where do I find that rmx vst pulg in. This stylus program is really a vst plug in with a wrapper am I correct? Please help. I am sure others are experiencing the same thing Thanks t
Old 02-12-2005, 02:02 PM

Well It is finally working. Spetrasonics tech support is putting in OT and they called me today ,so I am sorry for the dis in the previous post which was out of frustration. They did the right thing. It was an osx issue. I had to repair permissions on the boot drive and delete two things that were in the vst folder that did not get deleted on the uninstall. I had installed ad uninstalled several times after the quick time update caused stlus to stop working. I never would hve fiqured this out so if any one else gets that dae error it means the vst plugin( which is what stylus is) is not in the library/audio/plugins/vst folder. I could not get into the folder for some reason there was a lock on it and also there were two files that should not have been there. Anyway that is it. Now I have to set up my midi again but that should be it. Thanks for all who responded Good luck. T