Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-25-2012, 01:03 AM

Default HELP!! Files/tracks gone!!!

Please Help!

I've been working on the song of my life for the past few months and right after I do a rough bounce, i get a few error windows while closing.

When I opened up the session, there were 3-5 very important tracks I'd have a really hard time remaking or duplicating. In addition all my bus tracks are gone. These tracks have been there since early sessions yet more recent tracks are visible.

I've tried a system restore but it didn't help.

For some reason I didn't have auto session file backup enabled in this specific template... has anyone had any issue similar to this?

I don't understand how this data can just vanish
Old 02-25-2012, 04:30 PM

Default Re: HELP!! Files/tracks gone!!!

Which version of PT are you using?
What OS?

If you know the name of the files have you done a manual search of your drive/s for them? in any case, do a search for ALL WAV files on your computer. It's most likely they are there somewhere.

If you do find them, I would start a new session and import them into it. Enable Auto backup option.

I always make a copy of the session folder and keep it on another drive. At the close of the session I update (copy over) the backup folder.

Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Mobo Bios vF6d
Intel Core i7 5930k socket 2011 v3 @ 3.50GHz
32GB DDR4 Crucial RAM
System: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Record: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Samples: Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
Storage: 2x Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Graphics
PT 11HD (v11.2.1) Omni s/pdif w Eleven Rack
HD 96I/O
Win 8.1 Pro
Old 02-26-2012, 02:08 AM

These are MIDI and bus tracks that went missing... i see the midi information if i drag the regions onto a track but do you know where tracks are saved as files?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Pro Tools 8 LE windows xp
Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 AM

I fixed my song the hard way by starting new tracks and inserting the regions... all I had to do was find the right region (usually the last or highest numbered region since those were most likely my last "cuts", and had to find all the sounds I used in XPAND.

If anyone reading this has a similar problem or wants to avoid it... NAME YOUR REGIONS....and obviously of course... enable session backup in preferences.

I'm assuming regions are not saved as a physical file but just information thats part of the session ptf file? If anyone can shed some light on how regions are saved I'd gladly appreciate it... just curious thats all..