Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 04-29-2021, 07:43 AM

Default "unable to detect clock source" interrupts recording when using external sync

First of all: kudos to AVID for updating the Eleven Rack driver!

However, I have found a bug in the driver - I use the S/P-dif inputs/output for Eleven Rack and since it does not have a dedicated wordclock input, I'm using the S/PDIF input as clock source as well of course.

Now every 160 seconds or so the hardware will loose sync and the driver reports "unable to detect clock source". Just for less than a second. That's enough however to stop any recording done through Eleven Rack. The same thing happens when I clock to the AES input instead.

Anyone else discovered this bug?

I'm running OS 10.15.7 on a late 2019 MacPro, the device is connected directly to a USB output on my Mac, not through a hub.

Last edited by jeffro; 04-29-2021 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Moved to its own thread for visibility.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:54 PM

Default Re: "unable to detect clock source" when using external sync

Similar setup here with ER on a 2019 iMac with macOS 10.15.7. Only other device I have handy right now is another ER, but using that as a clock source for the ER connected to my iMac works fine - no clock errors.

What's your clock source?

Was this working previously?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:46 PM

Default Re: "unable to detect clock source" interrupts recording when using external sync

Thanks for making this more visible jeffro.

My clock source is Grimm master clock device, I also tried a Yamaha DM1000 - no difference though, Eleven will loose sync for a moment every other minute.

I resorted to running it on internal sync and using a sample rate converter for asynchronous digital I/O for now. I haven't used Eleven in a while but it would be great to get it running reliably again, it's still a great piece of kit!