Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 05-23-2009, 12:06 AM

Question Assistance required: Transport mapping with PT and Axiom Pro ??

Recently I've being trying to get my Axiom Pro 49 to work with PT's transport controls via a thread posted on here for the original Axiom. Unfortunately the controller's menu system and layout seems to be different and I'm not sure where to start.

So, does anyone know the correct way to do it?

Any help will be greatly appropriated
Old 05-24-2009, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Assistance required: Transport mapping with PT and Axiom Pro ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO* View Post
Recently I've being trying to get my Axiom Pro 49 to work with PT's transport controls via a thread posted on here for the original Axiom. Unfortunately the controller's menu system and layout seems to be different and I'm not sure where to start.
You can start by reading the supplied Axiom Pro Quick Start Guide.

filosofem
Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
You can start by reading the supplied Axiom Pro Quick Start Guide.

filosofem
Actually, the Quick Start Guide is completely useless when it's connected to the Mac, just tells you about USB modes and installing PC drivers. So Instead, I've downloaded the User guide.. However the section on "control assignment list, page 3" don't really make sense to me plus there's no parameters when it comes to transport controls.. According to the manual they're supposed to be customisable. How's it done? And how I enable MMC?

Am I missing something?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:48 AM

In fact the Quick Start Guide does tell you what's required however for an expanded instruction, read the HyperControl for Pro Tools Guide.

filosofem
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 AM

Hi-
I have been searching for help with my AXIOM 49 to no avail. Seems like it is a big mystery to all involved including the moderators; geniuses. Why can't you guys just lay it out- is there something wrong with being helpful instead of telling us to read the manual that doesn't seem to help anyone, unless you have a degree in computer science... I have been trying to map this thing and am about ready to throw it out the window! There is one guy on youtube who shows how to map controls and other parameters in Xpand, but, Xpand just completely goes fuclempt when I try this over & over... How about some real help here guys? Or maybe we should buy some other product with friendlier tech help? PEACE!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:11 PM

As I do not have an Axiom to help you with, try this:

AirBlogAxiomStuff

Hope this helps.

PS. I advise you to watch your tone as many here will ignore snarky remarks !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by axismaster View Post
Hi-
I have been searching for help with my AXIOM 49 to no avail. Seems like it is a big mystery to all involved including the moderators; geniuses. Why can't you guys just lay it out- is there something wrong with being helpful instead of telling us to read the manual that doesn't seem to help anyone, unless you have a degree in computer science... I have been trying to map this thing and am about ready to throw it out the window! There is one guy on youtube who shows how to map controls and other parameters in Xpand, but, Xpand just completely goes fuclempt when I try this over & over... How about some real help here guys? Or maybe we should buy some other product with friendlier tech help? PEACE!

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic
Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM

I don't recall if this is on the Axiom Pro disc and can't check it right now, but the Pro Tools HyperControl Guide tells you, literally, everything you need to know about setting up the Axiom Pro with Pro Tools.

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global...ls_UG_EN01.pdf

It shows you how to set up Pro Tools to recognize it and also tells you which preset you need to load. If pages 3 and 4 don't make any sense to you, I don't know what else to tell you.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:33 PM

Cool Re: Assistance required: Transport mapping with PT and Axiom Pro ??

Also this, here at the DUC. Maybe useful?

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=242285

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic