Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2019, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Favorite Saturation Plugins - Does Anything Touch Decapiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
I have a couple of tracks I want to get out there which I would love to run through HEAT prior but can’t wait too long...
To use HEAT on your current project, perhaps this Trial version will work, because you're using Pro Tools 2019.6.
Please note it says you’ll need an HD version of Pro Tools.
If it doesn’t work (because it’s coupled to HD only), that implies the coming $199 HEAT may have a different Installer. Which is why I previously mentioned I hope all restrictions (like having HEAT on the same iLok as Pro Tools) will be lifted.

Worth a go, anyway!

HEAT 30-DAY TRIAL
https://www.avid.com/support/trialdownload/HEAT
“The trial version of HEAT will run with full functionality for 30 days following installation. You’ll need a Pro Tools|HD system running Pro Tools HD 8.1 or higher software and an iLok USB Smart Key to try HEAT. (A free update to Pro Tools HD 8.1 is available to all registered Pro Tools HD 8 owners.)
Please complete the form below and submit it to access the link to download your trial software. Be sure to provide your iLok User ID, so we can deposit your 30-day license into your iLok account (please allow 15 minutes from the time you submit this form to receive your trial license).”
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 07-28-2019, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Favorite Saturation Plugins - Does Anything Touch Decapitator

I would think HEAT or PT needs a new version for HEAT to be recognized on Non HD as it would have worked already for others and we would have seen that but hope I am wrong although I am pretty sure HEAT needs a ”lockup” somehow as it basically will have worked with non HD all along otherwise.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-29-2019, 01:32 AM

Thanks for posting if nothing eventuates I’ll give it a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
To use HEAT on your current project, perhaps this Trial version will work, because you're using Pro Tools 2019.6.
Please note it says you’ll need an HD version of Pro Tools.
If it doesn’t work (because it’s coupled to HD only), that implies the coming $199 HEAT may have a different Installer. Which is why I previously mentioned I hope all restrictions (like having HEAT on the same iLok as Pro Tools) will be lifted.

Worth a go, anyway!

HEAT 30-DAY TRIAL
https://www.avid.com/support/trialdownload/HEAT
“The trial version of HEAT will run with full functionality for 30 days following installation. You’ll need a Pro Tools|HD system running Pro Tools HD 8.1 or higher software and an iLok USB Smart Key to try HEAT. (A free update to Pro Tools HD 8.1 is available to all registered Pro Tools HD 8 owners.)
Please complete the form below and submit it to access the link to download your trial software. Be sure to provide your iLok User ID, so we can deposit your 30-day license into your iLok account (please allow 15 minutes from the time you submit this form to receive your trial license).”
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 07-30-2019, 03:09 AM

Quote:
+1 today marks 3 weeks since the article posted which implied was happening within 2-3 weeks. So hopefully we’ll hear something soon! I have a couple of tracks I want to get out there which I would love to run through HEAT prior but can’t wait too long... I’ll be trying this True Iron plug I just got on them today.
I just found out that the news about the price drop was not officially issued by Avid but over on PTE......that explains it.
Hope you get some good results with the True Iron
Old 07-30-2019, 12:29 PM

That bloke Mike Thornton over at PTE reckons he got notice of this deal from Avid themselves? So it’s BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
I just found out that the news about the price drop was not officially issued by Avid but over on PTE......that explains it.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Tried it on a couple of sessions just adding as the first plug in my mastering chain (as suggested in the manual) with some very pleasant results and have left it in place. Along with a bit of warmth seems to apply a bit of push too... to my ear it also seems make individual components stand out better like It adds space (for want of a better word) which I feel is a nice enhancement. Puts a bit of sizzle into your dirty guitar which I didn’t like if you go a lil bit heavy but noticed at the same time was doing wonderful things to the bass guitar.... didn’t have time to apply it separately on tracks but will go back and try.

Last edited by xrekcor; 07-30-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Here is the reply to my post in that PTE article from Mike Thornton.....

. We got it straight from the horse's mouth. It will happen at the same time as Pro Tools subscribers get the Complete Plugin Bundle and HEAT included with their rental subscription and Pro Tools Ultimate subscribers get HEAT included with their rental subscription, however the exact timeframe was the only thing that wasn't specified.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Here is the reply to my post in that PTE article from Mike Thornton.....

. We got it straight from the horse's mouth. It will happen at the same time as Pro Tools subscribers get the Complete Plugin Bundle and HEAT included with their rental subscription and Pro Tools Ultimate subscribers get HEAT included with their rental subscription, however the exact timeframe was the only thing that wasn't specified.
Ah that old chestnut again, always chomping at the bit that horse with no name.
I,m happy to hear the news, its just that i would like to hear it directly from Avid or the DUC as it starts the rumour mill going.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:28 PM

I haven’t had much experience with PTE or the articles on there. The first I’ve been there was when the link to this story was posted. So I wouldn’t know if this bloke likes to or has a tendency to spruik BS. Thanks for the heads up ill keep away from whatever this bloke has to say in future.

Quote:
Ah that old chestnut again, always chomping at the bit that horse with no name.
I,m happy to hear the news, its just that i would like to hear it directly from Avid or the DUC as it starts the rumour mill going.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I haven’t had much experience with PTE or the articles on there. The first I’ve been there was when the link to this story was posted. So I wouldn’t know if this bloke likes to or has a tendency to spruik BS. Thanks for the heads up ill keep away from whatever this bloke has to say in future.
Add that sometimes the plans change after "the horse" has already spoken. IOW nothing is sure until it happens IRL.