Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-24-2009, 01:22 AM

Default Re: PT 8 LE Crash Every Time I Drag File From Workspace About 2 Give UP!!!!!

i am working a lot with sounds an have al library with nearly 100.000 different items, so workspace was no help anymore. it simply takes to long to display e.g. all the 300 crashing cars i have on the disk - so i changed to audio ease snapper - a little progr. that is very usefull and disigned to work with PT
Old 05-24-2009, 05:19 AM

Default Re: PT 8 LE Crash Every Time I Drag File From Workspace About 2 Give UP!!!!!

just when i was about to ask if there are still issues with PT 8 .., my computer crashed i upgraded to leopard and now its seems i have to upgrade to PT8 from PT LE 7.3.

i just want to watch this thread, the main reason for writting anything at all.

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 05-24-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoen View Post
i am working a lot with sounds an have al library with nearly 100.000 different items, so workspace was no help anymore. it simply takes to long to display e.g. all the 300 crashing cars i have on the disk - so i changed to audio ease snapper - a little progr. that is very usefull and disigned to work with PT
Digidesign,

What a shame that this is what people need to handle their files now.

I'm going to give it a try.

A
Old 05-30-2009, 07:50 AM

You're certainly not the only person who gets this problem. I've been struggling with this one for a long time now (since 7.4). I get this on my 2.8 iMac with a 003R and on my macbook with a variety of LE hardware. All the usual prefs/database/cache/permissions stuff doesn't help. Weirdly I have it working fine on 20 G5s with mbox2s, some macbooks and on a mac pro running HD 7.4.

The only difference between these systems that I can see is that on the misbehaving systems I have the original music production toolkit (as far as I can see I have all the latest versions of the plugins and the CS releases of PT) wheras the others have the MPT2. I'm going to have to level the iMac and start again doing a basic install with no additional plugins as a test system and isolate the problem (lot of work though...).

The specific problem I get is dragging and dropping into the edit window from the workspace browser. I can audition with the conform to tempo button engaged but if I try to drag into PT it will give me a watch, then a beachball and eventually show PT as not responding in the force quit window. I get exactly the same response if I try to drag and drop from Finder.

As a workaround I tend to audition in the workspace browser and then use import audio (which works fine). Its a funny issue as I've only ever seen it on my own personal systems as opposed to the 25 systems I maintain at work.

Anybody else got this issue? If so what plugins and toolkits are you running?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:41 PM

hey thanks for the reply, though it doesnt bode well does it?? id want to say its your tools but?? heres hoping!!

actually thats not my problem, but could be. i had my HDD die and had to be replaced and while at it i thought.., ill just upgrade to lepard, and though a better system i didnt realise i would have to upgrade every bit of production software i have.

LE 7.3 will not work on lepard.., so i have to upgrade.., some have made a lot on this latest consumer deal and some have lost a lot, like myself who was crusing finacually until the HDD went down and hell broke loss.

reeading all this one wonders which is better to get.., LE 7.4 over LE 8.., i read the install for PT8 and theres some serious BACK UP YOUR SYSTEM.., whith more software one has to buy no doubt though i wonder why time machine on laepard wil not work or was not suggested to back up??

it seems i might be up for a free upgrade to 7.4 because i brought this 7.3 after Oct 2007?? but maybe theres fine print because i couldnt fid any download??

cheers.

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunzate View Post
Digi,

I have reason to suspect that Structure Free is causing these delays/wheel of death/crashes.

A
Can you give me some specifics about why?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Avid

Could we possibly get a Pro Tools crash report from someone experiencing these problems?

You can send it as a text file to: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com

Please be sure to put the tread number (1405795) in the subject of your message.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:09 PM

ive no choice but to update today and worry about the expense tomorrow. it there are any reports do we post them here?

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 02-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunzate View Post
I have the same problem (10.5.6, PT LE 8cs2). I have removed all unqualified plugins, trashed prefs, reinstalled, and followed all troubleshooting instructions. My protools doesn't "crash" per se, but the file importing process causes a spinning beach ball, and the file arrives 2-3 minutes later.

The only thing I haven't done is reinstall the OS.

When you do that, does it preserve all of your applications and user settings etc? i.e. is it a big pain in the ass?

A
Same problem here, Audio file arrives after 2-4 minutes after dragging it from Workspace . Does someone know what causes this problem?

iMac i7
Mac OS 10.6.2
Pro Tools 8.0.3cs1
Old 02-28-2010, 10:31 AM

Shoen

Thanks for the tip about audio ease snapper
It is a simple and great program.