How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 09-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Can't find I/O for USB mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChops View Post
I'm FAR above that lever when it comes to computers, sir. As stated I just have little experience with digital recording and none with ProTools. Your insult was out of line.

FWIW after 2 weeks of dealing with senior advisors and engineers at Apple they determined - as I suggested to them early on - It's a hardware issue with the Mac. It's supplying incorrect voltage/current to the USB/Thunderbolt ports, so even devices ( like my Steinberg UR12), which can add USB power (for iPad use)do not get the correct voltage and current detection and fail to connect.

So it's going in to Apple for repair. Thank you all who tried to help. HOPEFULLY I can report back in a couple of weeks that the problem is solved.
Sorry to hear you think it’s a Mac hardware issue.

I believe I mentioned the voltage issue before but you never replied as to whether you had both USB devices plugged in at the same time.

“ Make sure you have the power adapter plugged in and try again. Do not have both the USB mic and Interface plugged in at the same time. This could potentially limit the voltage available and needed for each device. ”

Hope you get it resolved.