Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2004, 02:18 PM

Default School

First off i'm sorry for misusing this fourm by asking a question not directly related to Pro Tools, despite this I hope someone will still help me. I am hoping to become a recording engineer in southern California and have taken a couple of classes at the local jounior college. From there I got a job working in the college's MIDI lab. I had almost compleated a certificate in MIDI and Recording when, thanks to our lovley new governor, the entire department was cut. Over the summer my father passed away which has left me with quite a bit of money that I know he would have wanted me to spend on education. I know that some Universitys offer degrees in recording but many of their websites are very uninformative. I have also been looking into trade school type recording schools (i.e. The Los Angeles Recording Workshop, or the Musicans instatute). I must admit that these schools are tempting but I don't know how legitimate they are. I would be very greatful for any advise at all, especally from someone who work in a studio.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: School

my friends go to musicians institute and are learning a lot.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:23 PM

Do you know what kind of job that graduates get??
Old 01-29-2004, 03:31 PM

" I had almost completed a certificate in MIDI and Recording when, thanks to our lovley new governor, the entire department was cut" You sure the new governor is to blame for that and not the old one? Any hoot if you are interested in Florida you should check out Full Sail. It is located in Orlando and is an amazing school for recording arts. Take care and Good Luck