How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 PM

Default Avid website not sending new password

HELLOOOOO Avid,
This seems like it is the only way to get in touch with you. Your ( god-awful mess of a) website is not sending a new password email when requested. Please look into this!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Avid website not sending new password

Check your spam/junk email folders in case it got filtered.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 AM

...nope checked all the spam filters. It turns out I was at one of those dead-end links that seem to be all over the Avid site. I tried the same thing from a different 'I can't find my password' pages and got an email.
NOW...after paying for the upgrade from PT 7 to 10, getting only a portion of my downloads before their site crapped out, they have no record of my purchase in the 'my account' page.
It seems the only page on their whole site that is easy to find and easy to use is the one where they get your money. It has always been this way trying to navigate their horrible maze of a site. In fact Ive had way more problems with their website than I have ever had with their software...and I use the software every day!
Right when i am in total love with the software, I get the equivalent of a donkey punch from their website. Now I regret not just saying 'bye bye Avid' and 'hello grim ******'
rant off
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM

Some times the download links from Avidstore purchases are in your Avid store history. You might try there also.

As far as I know you only need the base PT10 installer download link. The rest of the installers and updates and drivers are available from thier respective sections on AVID.com. The only exceptions I can think of would be the downloads for the Loops and Samples library. Which are the same as PT8 and 9 and unlikely to change your life in a meaningful way.

None of this fixes access to your account or missing links but if you have the basic installer you can get up and running.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Avid

Post Re: Avid website not sending new password

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingustoo View Post
...after paying for the upgrade from PT 7 to 10, getting only a portion of my downloads before their site crapped out, they have no record of my purchase in the 'my account' page.
Sorry about the trouble you've experienced. I found your registration (under a different email address than your DUC email) and confirmed that the product with all downloads is in your account.

Sign in to http://account.avid.com and click Your Products, then click Downloads. (You can also get there from the main avid.com page > My Account > Login to your Avid Master Account > View My Product Details.)

Quote:
It turns out I was at one of those dead-end links that seem to be all over the Avid site.
It would help if you could post the URL of the page and the 'dead' link so that we could fix it.