Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 03-08-2022, 12:37 PM

Default Cancelled card, account on hold, can't add new card

I have a Pro Tools subscription that I've had on autopay for a little over a year. The most recent billing attempt was on 3/5, but I cancelled my bank account that was tied to the debit card I've been using for payments, so they obviously weren't able to pull the money this month.

I got the email and went to try to update my card on the site, but I keep getting an error message that just says to "try again later" - it keeps my new card info in as a payment method, but won't let me actually set it as my default method.

I tried this on a PC, a Mac, on my iphone, on Chrome, safari and edge and they all give the exact same result. I also tried with 2 different cards and tried simply using paypal, but it all gives the same result.

I really don't want to waste my money on a support code to report a bug in their website, but I'm not sure what else to do. I also don't want to "try again later" and wait too long and have my subscription cancelled. The knowledge center is unhelpful and I can't connect to anyone via Chat. I have filed support tickets through their salesforce thing, but I'm dubious on how long that will take to get answered, and again, I'm worried about this taking too long and my subscription getting cancelled.

Additionally:
My subscription comes up under cancelled products, but only says "on hold" and doesn't give me any option of renewing or anything like that.

I know I need to add a new card, but all my attempts seem to be getting blocked by the site. I'm not sure where to turn at this point.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Cancelled card, account on hold, can't add new card

Welcome to the community.

Looks like CS has already updated your case and is working to resolve this with the additional info you provided. Please update that case as needed (via email -or- my.avid.com > Access the Support Center).
Old 10-15-2022, 03:23 AM

Please help, I have this same exact issue and my subscription will be auto canceled in one day. How do you fix this?
Old 10-27-2022, 01:13 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by iszlaijozsef View Post
Please help, I have this same exact issue and my subscription will be auto canceled in one day. How do you fix this?
Hi - Our Avid Online store team is working on your issue upon checking your case. For the meantime kindly use the temporary license that they deposited in your iLok account so you can continue working while we work on the issue. Please check your email regularly for further updates on your case. Cheers!
Old 11-21-2022, 12:04 AM

Unfortunately the license is gone again and I really need access to work, this issue is causing some serious setbacks for me, please re-enable my license in iLok like you did before. Now I see that it is disabled, but I really need the temporary access until the issue is resolved. I have the intent to continue my payments, but the way the system is locking me out from my own work is quite unsettling to say the least.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:59 AM
Avid

Quote:
Unfortunately the license is gone again and I really need access to work, this issue is causing some serious setbacks for me, please re-enable my license in iLok like you did before. Now I see that it is disabled, but I really need the temporary access until the issue is resolved. I have the intent to continue my payments, but the way the system is locking me out from my own work is quite unsettling to say the least.
We apologize about the inconvenience regarding this. I also made a follow up on your case and deposited another temporary license that you may use. Cheers!
Old 01-05-2023, 08:33 AM

Still the same issue persists. Please re-enable a temporary license of one month as I really need Pro Tools to work. Thank you!!
Old 01-05-2023, 10:14 AM
Avid

Quote:
Still the same issue persists. Please re-enable a temporary license of one month as I really need Pro Tools to work. Thank you!!
Sorry to hear that but when I chec, a temporary license is still available in your account ready to be used and that's good for 30 days upon activation. Cheers!