How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2022, 03:04 PM

Default How to group-select midi on grouped tracks with the Grabber Tool

Hi,

Since forever I have been wondering if there is a way to avoid being forced to switch to the Selector Tool in order to select midi that resides on the corresponding (same) place on the rest of the tracks within the group.

In the Main Edit window on one of the grouped tracks I choose:
Track View Selector / Notes.

Then I choose the Selector Tool and if I select some midi it automatically selects everything equally on all tracks within the group.

That's ok, but is there a way to do the same with the Grabber Tool???

In my world it has so far not been possible. Even if the tracks are grouped the Grabber Tool only affects the midi on the very track that you are making a selection on. The midi in the other tracks within the group remain unselected.

So far when using the Grabber Tool I have been forced to select all corresponding s**t on the other tracks within the group manually...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grabber Tool group selection.jpg (72.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Selection Tool group selection.jpg (72.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by DigitalVortex; 12-22-2022 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Due to no answers I've uploaded 2 visually explaining images.