How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 PM

Default Avid Webstore sold wrong PT support plan - no response

Hi

On Nov 10 I ordered an "Upgrade Plan for Pro Tools" (order id 6420069). The Avid store incorrectly charged me for a "Plug-ins and Support Plan for Pro Tools". I raised case 03328976 with Avid Webstore Support and they said that my account would be refunded on 27 Nov.

Since then nothing has happened. No refund. No response from Avid Webstore Support when I repeatedly email them. It appears that there is no way of escalating this - I am in Australia and Avid does not answer the phone.

Any idea how I can get my money back?

Thanks
Richard

P.S. My current Avid investment includes: PT HDX, PT HD, PT, HD/IO x 2, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, S3, PT Dock, Eleven Rack...
Old 01-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Avid

Default Re: Avid Webstore sold wrong PT support plan - no response

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw View Post
Hi

On Nov 10 I ordered an "Upgrade Plan for Pro Tools" (order id 6420069). The Avid store incorrectly charged me for a "Plug-ins and Support Plan for Pro Tools". I raised case 03328976 with Avid Webstore Support and they said that my account would be refunded on 27 Nov.

Since then nothing has happened. No refund. No response from Avid Webstore Support when I repeatedly email them. It appears that there is no way of escalating this - I am in Australia and Avid does not answer the phone.

Any idea how I can get my money back?

Thanks
Richard

P.S. My current Avid investment includes: PT HDX, PT HD, PT, HD/IO x 2, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, S3, PT Dock, Eleven Rack...
Thanks for the info, Getting back to you on this shortly..
Old 01-29-2018, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Avid Webstore sold wrong PT support plan - no response

Hi

Well, Avid Webstore Support finally responded and said that the money had already been refunded to a credit card. Unfortunately it was not MY credit card. Support then unilaterally closed the case.

Wow.

I wonder if Support will see or reply to my subsequent email if the case is closed? How will I know, given it takes 6 weeks for them to respond?

This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Nice going Avid.