Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Default Import tracks and move them to an existing track

how can I import tracks and move them to an existing track without lossing the volume automation of the existing track? lets say I move a vocal from another older session into my mix session and I dont want to loose the automation I already did to my vocals.. is that something I can do in the prefs?
thx for your help
Old 08-30-2012, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Import tracks and move them to an existing track

Turn off "Automation Follows Edit" under Options.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Import tracks and move them to an existing track

You can do it by importing session data FILE/IMPORT/SESSION DATA (or just drag the session that has the audio file in it to a new/existing session- I mean drag the .ptx session file into your edit window)

A window pops up that allows you to select what track(s) to import and at the botton there is an option called "Track Data to Import" in that drop down menu you can choose "Clips and Media" and "Import-Overlay new on Existing Playlist"and it will simply place the audio file into whatever track you tell it to go to and the track will still have its automation..

KMcK has the key!