Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2022, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Eucon 2021.10 Unable to Install Mac M1 Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmanzzz View Post
Hi,

Have any of you ever resolved this issue?

I too have recently migrated, from a Mac Pro 5,1 to a Mac Studio M1 Max. Same problem: migrated using Migration Assistant: everything worked fine. I wanted to add the XMon application and ran the installer. Got the error and BOOM, gone where all EUCON applications. Tried giving Installer Full Disk Access, removing prefs in Application Support, Repairing Permissions in Terminal. Nothing works.
Try these as possible fixes... But you should definitely update to the latest EuControl version

These are issues with MacOS not PT or EUCON. The migration tool is buggy, the 10GB port doesn't like 100mb connections, there's a bug in the accessibility settings that shows EUCON apps(and others) allowed but they are not really.

Fixes are:
renaming the computer - Bonjour connection issues
remove the EUCON apps from the accessibility settings, reboot and add them back - keyboard short cut issues
Don't use the 10gb port - Connection issues, doesn't support 100mb anymore
Old 10-11-2022, 12:30 AM

Hi everyone. I reinstalled my OS from scratch and everything now works absolutely fine. Annoying and time consuming but pleased I did it.
Old 10-28-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexathelm View Post
Hi everyone. I reinstalled my OS from scratch and everything now works absolutely fine. Annoying and time consuming but pleased I did it.
Thanks for the reply. I had to wait until the right moment to do something as radical as reinstalling and starting from scratch. Took a while but EUCON installed just fine this time. Also glad I did it.
Old 10-28-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Try these as possible fixes... But you should definitely update to the latest EuControl version

These are issues with MacOS not PT or EUCON. The migration tool is buggy, the 10GB port doesn't like 100mb connections, there's a bug in the accessibility settings that shows EUCON apps(and others) allowed but they are not really.

Fixes are:
renaming the computer - Bonjour connection issues
remove the EUCON apps from the accessibility settings, reboot and add them back - keyboard short cut issues
Don't use the 10gb port - Connection issues, doesn't support 100mb anymore
Sorry, I forgot to reply to you as-well. Thanks for the suggestions but as can be read in my previous post: nothing fixed it. :
Old 11-07-2022, 10:33 AM

I have the same issue. I upgraded to a new M1 mac book with Montery and Eucon control would not work. Tried reinstalling and now it won't install. It says software installed successfully but when I restart it is not installed. I have seen many posts where Eucon is not working with Monterey.

Avid please advise, very frustrating.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2022, 10:42 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysalinas View Post
I have the same issue. I upgraded to a new M1 mac book with Montery and Eucon control would not work. Tried reinstalling and now it won't install. It says software installed successfully but when I restart it is not installed. I have seen many posts where Eucon is not working with Monterey.

Avid please advise, very frustrating.

Thanks!
Did you do a migrate?
Old 11-08-2022, 07:52 AM
Avid

Did you check the things in the post above?