Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM

Default "1" and "2" on keypad for moving the cursor

IT usually is that when you press 1 or 2 it moves the playback cursor forward or backwards a little... lately it isn't doing it, it jumps and skips and plays audio. Which setting controls this?
Thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 10:26 AM

Default Re: "1" and "2" on keypad for moving the cursor

it's the "-" and "+" keys that nudge
Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
IT usually is that when you press 1 or 2 it moves the playback cursor forward or backwards a little... lately it isn't doing it, it jumps and skips and plays audio. Which setting controls this?
Check the "Numeric keypad" preference. I always have it set to Transport where 1/2 is back/forward by one bar, or rew/ffd if held down.

If that doesn't solve it you can try to trash PT prefs.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 PM

No, the 1 and 2 keys have two little arrows on them (on the PT Keyboard)
+ and - are for nudging, I get that... but I am not talking about nudging... I am talking about moving the playback cursor bar. It used to pop back or forward with each tap of the key, now it slides and plays audio and locks up and gives me a spinning wheel sometimes...

But, thanks PT, trashing prefs did it... Annoying that this is a solution, lol... I checked the pref and it was set to where I always liked it, 1 bar as well...So weird. Anyone else have this bug? Should we add this to the plate of yumminess that is Pro Tools 8.0.x

Last edited by SWSPHX; 07-30-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling...
Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWSPHX View Post
... I checked the pref and it was set to where I always liked it, 1 bar as well...So weird. Anyone else have this bug? Should we add this to the plate of yumminess that is Pro Tools 8.0.x
Its not a bug.. It is your prefs getting corrupted. You seem to have alot of issues with your rig. Using that app to "refresh" your system might not be a bad idea. Most of us do it regularly, and have far fewer issues. Good Luck, sb
Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM

I do have a crap load of issues, ever since 8 came out its been one cluster f*$k after another.
I actually did a clean install last week and things are running a bit smoother, although, still some weirdness.
I delete prefs about once a week, it seems that as I go I get clicks and pops and all kind of noise in my mixes that go away when I delete prefs... I am just pointing that doing that is annoying.

The studio has been booked about 2 months straight so I went ahead and loaded our other rig back to 7.4 and it is so much better-- so I swapped out for the work load on 7.4 but in spare time just trying to tweak out 8.0.4 so we can be good to go.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:14 PM

this got me too. this fixed it for me.

Prefs -> Operation -> Audio During Fast Forward/Rewind (uncheck it)