Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2009, 10:53 PM

Default PT Can't Find M-Audio Fast Track Ultra.

I just got my Fast Track Ultra a couple days ago and I'm trying to use the Pro Tools M-Powered Demo to see if I like it enough to buy it. However I'm having a problem getting Pro Tools to find my Fast Track Ultra. As soon as I load PT it gives me an error saying "Unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on." I've already done both of these things and it still will not locate my Fast Track. Anybody have any ideas of how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Also if it helps to know. I have a Macbook (non-pro) with 4GB of ram running Mac OS 10.5.6.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Default Re: PT Can't Find M-Audio Fast Track Ultra.

I know your pain. Check out my posts from earlier this week. I think youll need 7.4.2 Pro Tools. You can download it for free if have 7.4. I did and it worked. I had the same prob on my pc but it was usb??. As for the Ultra I like it but I will be upgrading soon as possible, but I use it after running through my analog mixer. All and all happy with it even with the problems.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT Can't Find M-Audio Fast Track Ultra.

There currently isn't a demo version for Pro Tools 8 or one that will work with Leopard or the FastTrack Ultra.

This page has info on the currently available demo version and the devices it will work with:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...5f860822e8b7e4