Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2023, 12:18 PM

Default Pro Tools Intro - No Sound

I have pro tools 2023 running well in my studio.

I downloaded Pro Tools Intro for my son's computer. Everything works well but I am not getting sound. I tried ASIO and I installed the drivers and Mbox Mini.

My computer is playing sound with standard mp3 and wav files off my desktop and through streaming through the Mbox. But Pro Tools doesn't have any sound even though it is identifying my Mbox.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Intro - No Sound

Hmmm, some things to consider:
1-Windows rarely shares the interface, so go into Settings>Sound Properties and set Windows to use the on-board sound card(or anything OTHER than the Mbox).
2-What are the specs and OS on the computer? For the most part, Mbox 2 variants are way past end of support(though I do have an Mbox 2 Pro running on windows 11 on a first-gen intel i7 PC).
3-If by "I tried ASIO", you meant ASIO4ALL, best to uninstall that program as it can cause as many problems as it's supposed to fix. Start with the newest Mbox driver(from the Legacy downloads area) and remember, #1 above is a must.
4-Assuming the computer is workable, dumping the old Mbox and getting a new(ish) interface is worth a look. Some "budget" suggestions include Focusrite Scarlett Solo or 2i2, Audient EVO 4 or Presonus AudioBox Go.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-02-2023, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Intro - No Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmmm, some things to consider:
1-Windows rarely shares the interface, so go into Settings>Sound Properties and set Windows to use the on-board sound card(or anything OTHER than the Mbox).
2-What are the specs and OS on the computer? For the most part, Mbox 2 variants are way past end of support(though I do have an Mbox 2 Pro running on windows 11 on a first-gen intel i7 PC).
3-If by "I tried ASIO", you meant ASIO4ALL, best to uninstall that program as it can cause as many problems as it's supposed to fix. Start with the newest Mbox driver(from the Legacy downloads area) and remember, #1 above is a must.
4-Assuming the computer is workable, dumping the old Mbox and getting a new(ish) interface is worth a look. Some "budget" suggestions include Focusrite Scarlett Solo or 2i2, Audient EVO 4 or Presonus AudioBox Go.
Good stuff here. Thanks. I'm using an mbox 3 mini which works on 2 other computers. I'll look into your steps. THanks.