Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2021, 05:45 AM

Default Pro Tools license is under education and not a student, can I get new Support Plan?

I would like to ask one question regarding Pro Tools' Software Update + Support Plan.

If my existing Pro Tools license is under education, Am I not able to activate the regular "Software Update + Support Plan", which is not an educational version?

I purchased Pro Tools while I attended college, so I have a perpetual license. Last year, I purchased "Pro Tools' Software Update + Support Plan" with an educational price, and applied it. Everything was fine. For this year, to renew the Support Plan, I purchased "Software Update + Support Plan at a regular price from Avid reseller because I am not a student anymore. However, I cannot activate it. If my existing Pro Tools license is under education, Am I not able to activate the regular Software Update + Support Plan, which is not an educational version?

My current support plan is just expired, and I cannot hear back from Avid. I would appreciate it if someone advises me.

Best,
HJ
Old 01-03-2022, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools license is under education and not a student, can I get new Support Pla

The issue has been solved. I got new perpetual lisence by crossgrade. The Avid's response was slow, but satisfied. Happy new year to everyone who is music lover.

Best,
HJ
Old 04-25-2023, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools license is under education and not a student, can I get new Support Pla

Hi hjchough,

I'm having the same issue here. When I try to renew my Software Updates + Support Plan (which is expiring in 20 days) it's asking me to Reverify my Academic Eligibility but I'm not a student anymore. My AVID Account is not giving me the option to buy a regular price Software Update Plan though.

How did you move to a regular perpetual license?

Cheers,

Andres Gil
Old 04-25-2023, 10:31 PM

I was in the same boat as you last year and opened a support ticket with Avid on where I would find the EDU to non-EDU crossgrade. The response I got was that it was no longer an option.

Not the answer you want to hear, but there is still an option to buy a regular perpetual license from some 3rd party dealers like Sweetwater or you can let your support run out and wait for a good sale to start a new PT Studio subscription
Old 04-26-2023, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi hjchough,

I'm having the same issue here. When I try to renew my Software Updates + Support Plan (which is expiring in 20 days) it's asking me to Reverify my Academic Eligibility but I'm not a student anymore. My AVID Account is not giving me the option to buy a regular price Software Update Plan though.

How did you move to a regular perpetual license?

Cheers,

Andres Gil
Hi Andres,

I got the new perpetual product license from Avid. I opened the ticket and explained my situation. It took time, but they made my education license archived and put the new perpetual license in my avid account. At that time, I had a valid Software update + Support Plan for a student. I do not know if the policy has been changed, or not. Also, there is 30 days gray period after expiring the support plan. I think you may open the ticket to solve this problem. Avid would handle it for you. I hope everything goes well.

Best,
HJ