Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2023, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Plugins missing in Pro Tools Plugins folder

Hi, I'm having an issue that's kinda similar and I'm absolutely lost.

I just upgraded (Pro Tools Studio), and all of my Valhalla, Soothe, Waves and Soundtoys Plugins are gone. The folders are still on my computer, but Pro Tools can't see them. I can't work out how to make them visible to Pro Tools. Would someone please be able to help me?
Old 04-20-2023, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortommy View Post
Hi, I'm having an issue that's kinda similar and I'm absolutely lost.

I just upgraded (Pro Tools Studio), and all of my Valhalla, Soothe, Waves and Soundtoys Plugins are gone. The folders are still on my computer, but Pro Tools can't see them. I can't work out how to make them visible to Pro Tools. Would someone please be able to help me?
Welcome to DUC, ... please step though the door. No, it's totally safe. We'll throw the rocks gently...

Nope your problem is not related to anything in this thread. Interesting you picked this unrelated thread about ancient versions of Pro Tools when there are many other threads running currently about exactly what is happening with Pro Tools 2022.3 and what causes your problem.

Your problem is because you decided to upgrade to PT 2023.3 without having your act together. 2023.3 (for the first time in any Pro Tools release) runs by default as Apple Silicon native on new Mac computers and requires all AAX plugins be compiled for Apple silicon native not Intel (or more typicall "universal" plugins compiled for both architectures). You either need to get your act together and see what plugins you have that have been upgraded to Apple silicon native and upgrade to those or run Pro Tools in Rosetta mode.

Pete Gates free PT Prefs 2 utility (https://petegates.com/pgptprefs.html) lists what plugins installed are intel only or universal etc. Start by looking at what you have installed with that.

There are literally hundred and hundreds of posts about this on DUC, massive threads about what plugins are available ported native, etc. there is clear info in the 2023.3 release notes. You need to get yourself reading that info and organized.

One of the best threads (ignore the first few pages, and ignore the Pro Tools expert table the Avid one below is much much better). https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415770

Avid Apple native silicon plugin table: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Compatibility (the thread above is more authoritative that this table).

Google will answer anything else you need. If you need to find stuff on DUC use google search with a site:duc.avid.com qualifier. Or site:avid.com to find stuff on the main site. The forum internal search is useless.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 04-20-2023 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Now you know.

This is an example of what may happen totally randomly if you try to run unsupported combination of operating system and Pro Tools.
Hi Janne, I found the original Mac OSX discs and the version 10.4.8 has been installed back to the computer (by a computer repair store), however there's no good news yet cuz they didn't save my Pro Tools HD 7.3 software, I only have the HD 7.3.1. cs5 (updater), I don't have the 7.3 installer disc., what are my options?

Please help me, thanks...
Old 04-22-2023, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniema View Post
Hi Janne, I found the original Mac OSX discs and the version 10.4.8 has been installed back to the computer (by a computer repair store), however there's no good news yet cuz they didn't save my Pro Tools HD 7.3 software, I only have the HD 7.3.1. cs5 (updater), I don't have the 7.3 installer disc., what are my options?

Please help me, thanks...
I'm sure someone here can dig up a 7.3 installer for you. Might take a while for them to notice this thread, maybe make a new thread asking for it. I have old PT installers back to v5, but mostly LE versions unfortunately.

Haven't heard from Janne the last couple of days. He said he was hospitalized. Let's hope he's OK.
Old 04-22-2023, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I'm sure someone here can dig up a 7.3 installer for you. Might take a while for them to notice this thread, maybe make a new thread asking for it. I have old PT installers back to v5, but mostly LE versions unfortunately.

Haven't heard from Janne the last couple of days. He said he was hospitalized. Let's hope he's OK.
Omg was he? So sorry to hear. Yes maybe I should make a new thread asking for it. Thanks for the heads up, Ben.