Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2003, 04:24 PM

Default Doppler effect

anyone have any suggestions on a plugin that does doppler effect well.
thanks
Mike
Old 07-18-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Doppler effect *DELETED*

Post deleted by andyo
Old 07-19-2003, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Doppler effect

When i first got my PT rig I spent a lot of time trying out ideas to see if i could infact do them,,and this was one of them.
Now i cant for the life of me remember what settings i used but i did it all with the standard DIGIplugs and lots of automation.It basicly consisted of a big deep reverb an EQ and some delay.My source sound was on a mono track and all my plugs were on a sterio aux .
I EQ'd the sound,,in my case a drum loop,,so that it was big and fat then little a skinny using automation.
Then i used more automation on the verb so that when the Skinny EQ was working the sound was way back in the Verb,It was at this point that i added a little delay.
Then i used more automation to move the panning of the MONO track arround in side the sterio verb.
The effect i got was that when the loop was at it's fatest it was front and center with no Verb,then as it moved left it got progresivly thinner and more washed in the Verb till it was back to front and center but real skinny and drenched in the verb.Then i started to pan it right and had the EQ get progressivly fatter and the verb prgressivly dryer till i was back were i started.
It worked a treat,,but it was some hard work to get there.Simple solution is check out PLUGGO3 it has a prety good DOPPLER plug in there.If your on a Mac with os9 and it's only a one off thing,maybe just down load the demo,record your track and let that be that.Could be that you'll enjoy Pluggo so much that you'll buy it and have as much fun with it as i do [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2003, 11:11 AM

I use the Waves and the GRM. They're quite different. The Waves is very easy to use to get a "traditional" doppler effect. The GRM will do some seriously wacky stuff. You can program and automate it to do swirling effects, and very radical phasing stuff; very experimental.

Frank
Old 07-20-2003, 06:34 AM

How many signal output sources will this GRM support and just how user defined is it?? http link please if you could, would like to check the program out.