How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2021, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Basic Routing Folder Default

[QUOTE=Ben Jenssen;2592405]

By the way, there was a mention of ADC problems w/trackfolders. As I understood it, that had to do with tracks going off sync after freezing/unfreezing their track folder or routing folder. I experienced that myself. So I'm just staying away from freezing them for now.
/QUOTE]

Dang another bug with the routing folders? Guess I'll stay away from freezing anything. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Holding the modifier key while opening or closing any folder will open/close all

Nice, I'll try this out. That would be a nice work around if I can't get the previously saved state thing figured out.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I checked again, routing folder opens in the state it was last saved. I sware I had the problem of them always opening last week.

I'm only just getting familiar with track folders.

By the way, there was a mention of ADC problems w/trackfolders. As I understood it, that had to do with tracks going off sync after freezing/unfreezing their track folder or routing folder. I experienced that myself. So I'm just staying away from freezing them for now.

I think routing folders are great, especially with solo functionality, so I hope that I will not have more problems with them. Being able to freeze them is essential.
Sessions open with routing folders in the last saved state, but they are always open when loaded from track presets, even though they were saved closed. I think they should always present themselves as saved.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Holding the modifier key while opening or closing any folder will open/close all
Yes, and Shift-F opens/closes all selected folders. I wish Avid would combine those such that Option-Shift-F (on Mac) opened/closed all track folders whether selected or not.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 02-05-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Sessions open with routing folders in the last saved state, but they are always open when loaded from track presets, even though they were saved closed. I think they should always present themselves as saved.
I'll have to check track presets. Because in my User session templates, Routing Folders open in whatever state they were in when "saved as a template "

So to clarify ::: if say you have a group of drum tracks in a routing folder and you save them as a User track preset in a closed state,,,,, when you select them from track presets in a new session the will be in the open state ??

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-05-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
...So to clarify ::: if say you have a group of drum tracks in a routing folder and you save them as a User track preset in a closed state,,,,, when you select them from track presets in a new session the will be in the open state ??
Not sure about that one, but for sure when importing track data from a template into matched tracks, folder membership is *not* brought in - routing is correct, but you have to redrag all the folder members back into the parent folder.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 02-06-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
Not sure about that one, but for sure when importing track data from a template into matched tracks, folder membership is *not* brought in - routing is correct, but you have to redrag all the folder members back into the parent folder.
Humm first I have never tried to "import track data" . So I am not clear
on what you are saying ? "from a template into matched tracks "

Also I have heard of import "Session data" and even the "Match Tracks" option in Import Session data drop down window ,, but I am unaware of "import "Track data" as a selection .

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-06-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Yes, and Shift-F opens/closes all selected folders. I wish Avid would combine those such that Option-Shift-F (on Mac) opened/closed all track folders whether selected or not.
Yes, Option+Shift+F opens selected, just using Option(without Shift) should open/close all folder tracks(and this might not work as a key command, it may require holding Option and mouse-clicking on a folder icon)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-06-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, Option+Shift+F opens selected, just using Option(without Shift) should open/close all folder tracks(and this might not work as a key command, it may require holding Option and mouse-clicking on a folder icon)
Actually Option+Shift+F does not do anything on my system
Yes: Shift + F opens and closes all selected
Yes: Holding Option and then clicking any folder "icon" will open all folder tracks selected or not

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-08-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Yes, sadly, it's a mouse thing. I hate those meeses to pieces.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB