Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2003, 08:28 PM

Default Newbie question: where\'s the click?

I can't figure out how to configure the click so I can hear it either on playback or record. The pdf manual doesn't explain how to do this very basic thing. I figure it has to do with signal routing and assigning the output in the click options window in the MIDI menu, but nothing is mentioned in the manual about how to do this.

What's the simplest way to get a click up and running?
Old 05-13-2003, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Newbie question: where\'s the click?

do you have the 002? if so, check out the "getting started" book (not the pdf) page 56.

to configure & enable the pt click:

1) chose MIDI > click options
2) configure click parameters as needed for your midi sound source (on a mac, you can use quick time channel 10 for the click)
3) during recording or playback, you can turn the click on or off using the click button in the transport window, midi controls display

note: i don't have anything in my transport diplay from the right 3rd of the image on page 56 -- i guess i haven't stumbled across how to do that yet.

but using the instructions above, i set a click track using a snare drum in my sampletank plugin. i recorded it to a track so i didn't have to worry about multiple uses of sampletank. of course, it's real important to be sure of your tempo when you do this (ugh [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

if you search the duc for "click track", you'll find lots of help, including a thread dedicated to click tracks here: http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...=020124#000000

(hope that link works [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
good luck!
steve
Old 05-14-2003, 04:05 AM

Hello scorch',

Try looking into digiracks plug-in guide pdf. It is accessable from the PT menu top-left on your screen
Look for click.

P.S. to see something make an aux track and insert the click plug.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:43 AM

Here is how I have my click set up:

Under midi menu choose Click Options...

Select "During play and record" or any of the other 2 options.

Choose what note you want as the accented and which one is unaccented. Set your velocities to desired setting.

Under output choose the device you wish to use for click track: e.g. I have proteus 1000 on channel 10. Most midi devices on channel 10 are drum kit sounds.

hit ok and your click options are set.

Be sure to select click in the Midi menu, it should have a check mark next to it.

On thing you have to remember is that the midi data being sent to your midi device is instructing your machine to play click at certain pace, and that your device will send the sound out of its outputs(obviously). If you have your outputs sent to inputs of an external mixer you should be able to hear your click without having to record it.

As far as the transport is concerned, go to Display and choose Transport Window Shows --> Midi controls.

The rest will then be up to your preference. Sometimes you might want to have differnet count times to start of recording etc etc...

I have experimented with the tempo and gotten some interesting clicks using the Resolution button in the tempo control panel.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions. Only too glad to help.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:34 PM

I found this thread and it was very helpful to me so I now have a click track working... sorta...

Please forgive a follow-on newbie question. What do I need to do to HEAR the click track count down? I see it counting in the meters and the transport control, but there is no click sound until recording actually starts. The answer is simple, right?

Thanks,
Syd
OSX 10.3.2
Old 05-20-2003, 06:49 AM

The only thing I can think of is: Click options>>during play and record.