Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-10-2016, 01:14 PM

Default Heat license disappeared?

Hi all
Hope someone can help. I've recently moved from my TDM system running 10 HD on a cheesegrater to an apollo system on a trashcan mac pro.

In January I bought a license card to upgrade to 10 HD from 9. This also gave me licenses for 11 and 12 along with a years support I believe. Anyway I never got round to using 12 until I moved onto this new computer. After installation I had to go through the surrendering activations process to get 12 to work on my new machine. All is fine but now I do not have the option of activating heat and can't see the license in ilk manager! Help! Heat is quite important in my workflow.

Have I somehow surrendered my heat license as well during this process? The current licensing system has me really confused so its very possible I've messed something up.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Heat license disappeared?

I see your HEAT license, but it's on on a different iLok (an iLok1) that's Awaiting Sync. Please Sync that iLok, then move HEAT to your iLok2 (which has your Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle on it).
Old 11-10-2016, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Heat license disappeared?

Thanks Jeffro. I hadn't realised the license manager wasn't picking up my licenses. The sync has sorted it. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I see your HEAT license, but it's on on a different iLok (an iLok1) that's Awaiting Sync. Please Sync that iLok, then move HEAT to your iLok2 (which has your Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle on it).