Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-13-2008, 05:10 PM

Default Waves Z-Noise/DeBreath Latency !!!

Hello again guys, may someone please give me a little feedback on the following issue:

I am trying to use Waves Z-Noise and DeBreath to mix my vocal tracks (on a PT 7.4cs8). But I am not being able because when I put them on a track, that track (and only the ones I put the plug-in on - either one of them) becomes LATE when I playback the song. Meaning it's like a second late comparing to all other tracks.

Obviously this not only drives me nuts, but also does not work with mixing, because if I bounce it like that it will be "late", I have tried, so it's not an issue with just mixing... Has anyone ever had this type of problem with these plug-ins ??? Or any other plug-in, I guess could help too !

Thank you very much,

Munir Trad
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Waves Z-Noise/DeBreath Latency !!!

ALT-Click twice where it says "vol" on your vocal track in your edit window. It will now say "dly." This is the total amount of latency (in samples) that plugins on that track are reporting to Pro Tools.

Highlight the vocal track region(s) in your edit window.

Press ALT-H. This will bring up the nudge dialogue. Make sure "earlier" is selected, and enter the value (in samples) that is reported by your "dly" readout.

Done. Takes about 3 seconds once you get used to it. I also enter the amount I nudged the track in the Comments section on that track in case I have to move it back/change it, and so I don't forget it has been nudged.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:24 PM

Hey Alex, thanks a lot !!! I really appreciate the help !!! I would have N E V E R got that right if I tried to figure it out by myself !!! Thanks again !!!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
ALT-Click twice where it says "vol" on your vocal track in your edit window. It will now say "dly." This is the total amount of latency (in samples) that plugins on that track are reporting to Pro Tools.

Highlight the vocal track region(s) in your edit window.

Press ALT-H. This will bring up the nudge dialogue. Make sure "earlier" is selected, and enter the value (in samples) that is reported by your "dly" readout.

Done. Takes about 3 seconds once you get used to it. I also enter the amount I nudged the track in the Comments section on that track in case I have to move it back/change it, and so I don't forget it has been nudged.
This has helped me so much because i have been wanting to use this plug in but could not find out how to control the latency. This has defiantly worked. Thanks alot.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:46 PM

This has helped me so much because i have been wanting to use this plug in but could not find out how to control the latency. This has defiantly worked. Thanks alot.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Why wouldn't you process the track to a new audio clip, then you can remove the plugins and have what you need fixed and use less CPU processing. This will also give your mix more room the "breathe", too.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Why wouldn't you process the track to a new audio clip, then you can remove the plugins and have what you need fixed and use less CPU processing. This will also give your mix more room the "breathe", too.
For plug-ins like Z-Noise and DeBreath this would be a good practice.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-12-2010, 07:37 PM

For any tracks with pluins you don't want to process you should check the delay and either nudge them or add the time a time adjuster delay on all the tracks that do not have plugins. The time adjuster thing can be quicker if you are trying differnt plugins and it's easier to keep track of what you are doing.