Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2004, 06:28 PM

Default wavelab / pro tools audio import

after i export a track from wavelab, i listen to the wave file and it is fine... the whole clip is there. when import the audio track into pro tools, for some reason the very end of the clip is ALWAYS cut off. does anyone know why this happens? or how i can fix it? thanks a lot
Old 01-11-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: wavelab / pro tools audio import

anyone know how to fix it out there?
Old 01-11-2004, 04:20 PM

You sure you've Dragged the region all the way to the end on your imported track???

Are you inporting "audio to track" from the file menu ???

if so, try creating a new track ctrl+shift+N specify stereo or mono.
then above your regions list, click on the "AUDIO" bar and select "import audio"

when it is done, and shows up in your regions list, drag it over into the new track that you created.

Is it still cut off at the end????

if so, open the same file that you are trying to import into pro-tools in wavelab or nuendo, and make SURE the end isn't cut off.

Good Luck

David
Old 01-11-2004, 04:27 PM

Sorry... continuing my thought.... I'm wondering if you're not cutting off the file when exporting it in wavelab.... after you export it from wavelab... open the exported file back up in wavelab (not the original file you were working on) but the very file that you intend on importing to protools.

there is no reason for protools to not import the entire file, there are no settings, or options that would effect this, when you inport a file into pro-tools, it imports the whole thing.

Old 01-11-2004, 05:47 PM

after i export the track from wavelab... the whole track is still there... the cut off happens when i import the file to pro tools. i import it exactly the way you described also.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:53 PM

even when i am in the import/convert window to import audio to track.. i will listen to the preview of the audio track and it still cuts off in the preview.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:22 PM

Which version of WaveLab are you running?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-12-2004, 12:30 AM

You're using the "Add Files" button on the far left of the "import audio" dialog? and NOT uaing the "add (or) Convert Region" buttons under the center box of that dialog??

The only thing I can think is, if Nuendo is exporting region settings and markers in the file, using the "convert region" function in PTLE may read regions in the file ???

AFAIK this is impossible ???? Rail wil know... he knows everything.

I've never encountered what you're talking about, and can't really emulate such a scenario, everything I import into PT shows up in it's entirety.

Good luck !!
Old 01-12-2004, 08:07 AM

You probably know this already,but...when a time based plugin ( reverb,delay ) is used in WaveLab, one must first render in the master section with the option to include tails > to a new file.
This new file is then exported, and should have no cut off.

just a hint,
cheers

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring