Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Default BIG UNCOMMON 003 factory and win7 Problem! HELP!

ok so i had my system working flawlessly in xp SP3 and i upgraded to win7 when I read that the 8.0.4 update (with win7 drivers) were available and not beta. ok so i upgraded.... everything was well, win 7 even recognizes the 003 as a sound card and can hear my music through the 003 using WMP or Youtube and thats great!...

when i had XP when ever i used another program for example FL studio, the 003 display went from "003 Oflline" to " Using... "

now when i boot up my pc if i use another program before running PT the display says nothing!... and when i run PT, after closing u know the displays says " closing" or something like that... if I open FL studio AFTER running PT it say the Same "closing" message in the display... ok everything works fine, thats not the problem

THE PROBLEM is...

when im in PT the fader move to position and wutever... BUT nothing wokrs!!
when i move a fader the value of the fader in PT changes ...lets say its in "0 db" and i move the fader down to "-5db" the value in PT changes but the 003 faders snap back to where it was (even tho the value its still at -5db)

another thing its the LED's dont change!... when i press "solo" in the 003 it does work but the 003 LED's stay the same, the solo LED dont light up even tho the PT has put that track in solo... the Transport works fine everything does its job its just that the control surface its not displaying it... lights, faders etc stay at the position when PT opened and dont move or change LED's... the only LEDs that work its the preamps "MIC/DI .. HPF... AUX In etc"

Can someone please Help! this its really annoying!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Avid

Default Re: BIG UNCOMMON 003 factory and win7 Problem! HELP!

Are you right-clicking on Pro Tools and choosing 'Run As Administrator', per the optimizations/troubleshooting steps in the General Troubleshooting thread?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 AM

i didnt cick on run as admin but... the fisrt time i used protools on my win7 it was ok... this problem wasnt present... it just happened all of a sudden, now its not happening! and that kind of worries me... ive had had another problem that when its closing session the 003 doesnt do anything ( the faders wont drop down ) and the closing msg its always on even if PT closed... right now its working fine... i dont know wats wrong!

but thanx for the reply if I get any more problem i"ll post them up
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM

Use the trasher utility and trash prefs and database files, then reboot. Now right-click on the PT icon(do this with other programs as well) and select Properties>Compatibility tab and check the box near the bottom that says Privilege level/Run this program as an administrator. Its also possible that you did the install incorrectly as the 8.0.4 update calls for some special treatment(according to what I have read, anyway). Basically, it works best as a clean install of PT8 but WITHOUT connecting the hardware(interface). Then rebooting and running the 8.0.4 updater and only connecting the interface when the updater asks for it. If you want to try the install again, use the Uninstaller utility that is included on the PT8 disk to first remove any vestige of Pro Tools.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 PM

Cool Re: BIG UNCOMMON 003 factory and win7 Problem! HELP!

Hey man there are alot of issues with these new drivers and the 003 factory. I am glad i stumbled upon this. Seeing the response from Digitech support is what amazes me. Even after doing all the optimizations and running as administrator these problems still remain. Now i know Avid is a reputable company and checked these drivers with the hardware they make before releasing but still they are not perfect. The lcd and lights are known to freeze not to mention the fader issues that you have. What is becoming troublesome to me is the mind set of Avid. That response from Digitech really begin to show a " Don't care attitude ". If they even tested these drivers with their own hardware they know there are issues. Why are they in denial. Same old story " Did you follow optimizations " Beginning to sound like a cop out. The fact is these drivers while very solid are problematic with the 003 all they have to do is test it with Vista or W7 and they will see. Heck try adjusting plugs or use the mutes and solos on the 003 and you will see the issues.
Now if someone has a 003 mixer and a windows setup running pro tools le 8.04 with no issues please list your setup and plugs installed. Also tell us how long you ran the program with no issues. The longest for me was 6 hrs then suddenly the controls on the 003 froze. Never happened before. Better yet let tech support list the settings/pc and OS they tested these drivers on with the 003 mixer so that we can all go get this system and enjoy this great software without issues.
Just a hunch but it seems there is not much concern about the Le product line. If anyone has better experiences with HD let me know so i can upgrade. It is either that or an 003 rack with C24. Just tired of all the games an code of silence and neglect. How could they not release a statement saying they are aware of the 003 issue and are working on a fix. Again it is clear Le is not in their high regards. I guess we need to thank them for letting us poor folks play with their software so just shut up and take it. Seriously though anyone who has had better experiences with HD please let me know. I don't wanna shell out more cash for more problems.

http://www.jango.com/music/Wayne+Dawkins?l=0
http://www.audiosparx.com/aynedawkins