Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 06-07-2017, 06:27 AM

Default Re: All lights flashing on my D-Command

Yesterday, I actually changed my LED Power Supply in my main unit of the D command, it was super easy once you take out all the screws and the side panel. I took a picture of how the wires were installed before moving forward with the replacement. Sager Electronics was the company I purchased the PSU from, they carry the part you need-> Model: SNP-Z10B, I will add the link at the bottom. Feel free to reach out if you need any more information.

PSU

https://power.sager.com/snp-z10b-397...gn=power-brand
Old 06-07-2017, 04:51 PM

Awesome thanks for the link
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:42 PM

Yes thanks for the link .
got mine a few month back from Avid for more than double the price
Old 08-14-2017, 06:49 PM

I know, it's crazy how insane they can charge for the PSU. This company is awesome. The rep took the time to make sure I had the right component before I went through with the purchase.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Via our chief engineer in at a prominent audio post house in Chicago:

Yes, Sager is very helpful, and yes paying $95 instead of $350 to Avid is nice, but.....

Anyone ordering the part from Sager should be aware that the part that Avid uses in the board is part number is SNP-Z10B-D . notice the -D

What is the difference? On the Avid spec part there are insulators on both regulators on the power supply, isolating them from the metal where you attach the heat sync. Without that, there is a voltage on that metal. If you attach the Avid heat sync, you will short the supply to ground and it will never turn on. All you will hear is a clicking every half second.

The solution is either to;
a. order the SNP-Z10B-D .
b. DON'T use the Avid heat sync, and just use the small heat sync provided with the Sager power supply. (which is much easier, but might "void the warranty")
Old 10-09-2018, 12:09 PM

I know this thread is older than dirt; I just saw Moses mixing on a d-control before parting the red sea. LOL But....I recently purchased a 32 channel D-control from a studio going out of business and the main D-control and one Fader module need an LED PSU. I called Advanced Musical in West LA and they said they both need an LED PSU but also suggested I replace the Fader module motors PSU's as well totaling around $800. So I have to ask the logical question. I know there are three PSUs in the D-CONTROL (LED, Logic and Motors). I'd like to replace all the PSUs for both Fader modules as well as the main unit at the same time so they don't go out individually. Is the PSU the same for all of these so all I have to do is order 9 PSUs from Sager and put them in or are they different.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:18 PM

So... LOL....

The PSU for the Logic board is different from the PSU for the LED and the PSU for the LED is different from the PSU for Fader motors. The Logic board PSU has very little, if any, history of failing though so no need to replace it. I also learned that even though the PSU for the LED can go out, the board is still fully usable ( if you don't need LED's LOL).

So I ordered 3 PSU's (just for LED) from Sagar for $96/each. I'll update this thread once done just so 5 years from now when the next comment comes, someone has some additional history to go on.

BTW - Sager didn't have any record on a SNP-Z10B-D.

Last edited by andrej770; 10-09-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:40 PM

just thought I'd add in that they are repairable too through American Skynet Electronic Co. or skynet USA.

We've had many of the LED PSU's go in the last year or so. Took about 2 weeks with standard shipping speeds. $80 plus shipping.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReganNoise View Post

What is the difference? On the Avid spec part there are insulators on both regulators on the power supply, isolating them from the metal where you attach the heat sync. Without that, there is a voltage on that metal. If you attach the Avid heat sync, you will short the supply to ground and it will never turn on. All you will hear is a clicking every half second.

The solution is either to;
a. order the SNP-Z10B-D .
b. DON'T use the Avid heat sync, and just use the small heat sync provided with the Sager power supply. (which is much easier, but might "void the warranty")
This is good info, and I think I'm running into this problem now. Are there any pics of what you're talking about here? I'm pulling my hair out.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:09 PM

The D-Control service manual has all the pictures and complete instructon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk