Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2002, 10:35 PM

Default Clavia

Anybody knows what's wrong with their website or the company itself?
www.clavia.se or www.clavia.com won't work, and it's been like this for a couple weeks now.
First they announce that there won't be a Nord Modular Editor for OS X cause they have stopped development for the software and now this... good thing I didn't buy the MicroModular last month. Let's see what they come up with now.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Clavia

That's right, I was wondering the same thing. I tried to get onto the site last week and this week and nothing! There was a rumor last week about them and Native Intruments doing something together???? I'm not one to speculate or start rumors but that would explain, maybe, and/or it would be FANTASTIC to see what those two companies would come up with. The NL2 is one of my, if not my favorite, synths ever. Could you imagine a 32 bit floating point Nord Lead 2/3 RTAS plug in for PT LE!!!! Yea baby!

Chris
Old 12-30-2002, 10:43 AM

Jayman's right... it's working today again, though many images are not loading correctly and the .se version of the site still isn't working. Maybe they are updating their servers.
It would be great if they are working with Native Instruments... my wet dream about that collaboration would be a Nord Modular that wouldn't depend on hardware and works seamless with Pro Tools 6. Or imagine using the stand alone Modular Editor under OS X as an FX processor or synth that uses the Mbox as the I/O for live performances or whatever...
One can dream.

PS I'm aware of Reaktor's existence. But I like the Nord Modular Editor more.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:37 AM

Am I the only one looking forward to seeing Clavia release the ddrum5?

It will be a great shame if the soft synth movement kills off such a product.

Phil
Old 12-31-2002, 12:06 AM

I have yet to see a ddrum set over here.
Every drummer I've met lusts after Roland's V-Drums, only met one that has 'em. And he didn't even know what Clavia or ddrums are.
But don't worry, I don't think that soft synths will kill any of those sets or their development.