Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2022, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Avid Falcon crossgrade to full UVI version $100 includes a $100 voucher!

... auditioning Expansions @ an exhilarating rate of knots, 'cos:

Falcon Expansion “BUY ONE GET ONE FREE” Offer runs through February 7th, 2022 (tomorrow in Oz!)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-06-2022, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Avid Falcon crossgrade to full UVI version $100 includes a $100 voucher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Acknowledging “taste is a subjective thing” …

Love to hear recommendations from Full Falcon users:
“Best ways to spend UVI Falcon $100 Voucher”
Get thew Model D piano - it's a Steinway and good all around piano.

QAPLA!
Old 02-06-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Get thew Model D piano - it's a Steinway and good all around piano.
Thanks Jack!

I’ve had the Model D and some others for a few years now:
the current Grand Piano Model D piano v1.6.3 is now 719,460 KB (previously 659,176 KB) – the current Digital Synsations v1.4.5 is now 9,775,700 KB (previously 9,775,620 KB) and the current Mello v1.2.4 is now 657,392 KB (previously 657,760 KB)

So, any other suggestions for how to use the $100 Voucher are welcome!

For Windows users who need to move the “.ufs” files to a separate Samples drive, UVI initially default installs the SoundBanks here:
C:\Program Files\UltimateSoundBank\UVISoundBanks
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-06-2022, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Avid dropping Falcon PSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Avid Falcon crossgrade to full UVI version for $100 includes a $100 voucher!
https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2627422&postcount=1
Wondering if it is worth $100 to keep Falcon as an AAX ROMpler? Never really used it much other then as a sketch pad to get some sounds up. Most of the time if I want to use VI's I load up a VEPro template with all my VI's and Kontakt Samples.
Old 02-06-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Wondering if it is worth $100 to keep Falcon as an AAX ROMpler? Never really used it much other then as a sketch pad to get some sounds up. Most of the time if I want to use VI's I load up a VEPro template with all my VI's and Kontakt Samples.
It's more than a rompler. If you think that's all it is then you are missing the point of it. You can do things with it nothing else really can. Has probably the best time and pitch manipulation of any synth out there. Plus there are some libraries for it that are out of this world. You don't say what other vi's you're using so it makes recommendation a bit difficult. Maybe if you say what you're using then you'd get a better answer.

Better sample manipulation than Kontakt to my way of thinking.

QAPLA!
Old 02-07-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:
It's more than a rompler. If you think that's all it is then you are missing the point of it. You can do things with it nothing else really can. Has probably the best time and pitch manipulation of any synth out there. Plus there are some libraries for it that are out of this world. You don't say what other vi's you're using so it makes recommendation a bit difficult. Maybe if you say what you're using then you'd get a better answer.

I may grab the $100 deal simply because I like it.. For the most part all I have used it for is strings and piano

But what is a "ROMpler-rompler ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-07-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:

Fair enough. I use a large amount of VI's. Of the top of my head:
All NI (including around 4TB of Kontakt Samples)
All Arturia
All U-he
All Spectrasonics
All Toontrack
All XLN
All Rob Papen
All Korg
All Roland Cloud
and many more that I can't think of at the moment.
But like I said I run most of them inside VEPro. I used to run them all within Protools but would inevitably run in to a wall inside of Protools.
Falcon could fill my need for a quick sketchpad, something I used to use Structure for but that sounded pretty horrible.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Fair enough. I use a large amount of VI's. Of the top of my head:
All NI (including around 4TB of Kontakt Samples)
All Arturia
All U-he
All Spectrasonics
All Toontrack
All XLN
All Rob Papen
All Korg
All Roland Cloud
and many more that I can't think of at the moment.
But like I said I run most of them inside VEPro. I used to run them all within Protools but would inevitably run in to a wall inside of Protools.
Falcon could fill my need for a quick sketchpad, something I used to use Structure for but that sounded pretty horrible.
That's a heck of a heavy hitter list and I can see now why you have the opinion of Falcon that you have. I have all the Arturia stuff as well as Kontakt and the rest of the older NI stuff as well as Falcon. The only thing I use out of NI is Kontakt itself as the rest of their wares haven't had real updates in years (not a fan of Reaktor). Have the original Omnisphere and it's dated and found their system not all that intuitive. Never cared for the rest of what you have but that's just me.

My synth vi work comes from Arturia and Falcon. EWQLSO does my orchestral and percussion work with Symphonic Orchestra and Stormdrum 2 and RA. NI get relegated to the odd times I need timpani. That pretty much covers what I need except for drums. I use BFD 3 but would like to get into Superior Drummer 3 to supplement when I use real drums.

QAPLA!
Old 02-08-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I may grab the $100 deal simply because I like it.. For the most part all I have used it for is strings and piano

But what is a "ROMpler-rompler ?

A ROMpler is a ROM (read only memory)-samPLER. Meaning it is a VI that is more or less a sample/sound playback VI with limited capabilities to create new sounds as you can typically only edit capabilities...and mostly limited ones at that, ie, filter, resonance, envelopes, etc. In Protools, the XPand VI is a ROMpler.

Falcon is an outright synth/sample VI. You can import your own samples, build sounds from a variety of waveforms on hand, or even use wavetables to create new sounds. And combine all of that in one monster patch or multi-patch. Add to that their huge arsenal of fx, LFO's, monster arpeggiator, and lots more and you have a beast of a VI. About the only limitations are your imagination and your RAM/CPU limits.

Old 02-08-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
A ROMpler is a ROM (read only memory)-samPLER. Meaning it is a VI that is more or less a sample/sound playback VI with limited capabilities to create new sounds as you can typically only edit capabilities...and mostly limited ones at that, ie, filter, resonance, envelopes, etc. In Protools, the XPand VI is a ROMpler.

Falcon is an outright synth/sample VI. You can import your own samples, build sounds from a variety of waveforms on hand, or even use wavetables to create new sounds. And combine all of that in one monster patch or multi-patch. Add to that their huge arsenal of fx, LFO's, monster arpeggiator, and lots more and you have a beast of a VI. About the only limitations are your imagination and your RAM/CPU limits.
Well I have a pretty powerful machine and a fairly good imagination,, that just leaves my lack of knowledge of synthy,. thingy, doohickies

Ah OK thanks a bunch for the Acronym explanation

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...