Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 02:22 PM

Default ATTENTION DIGI 002 USERS!!!

Greetings all,

I'm a first generation 002(before 002 rack)owner. Which means I had issues with my power harness. Digidesign sends me another 002 and I works perfectly. Until today!!! I haven't changed or moved my 002 lately. In fact I mixed and bounced 2 tracks!! Then, I received a firewire error and everything locked up. I quit, turned off everything, unplugged and hooked it back up. Now when I turn on the 002 I get this....see pics below.

Anyone else have this happen to you? If so, what did you have to do inorder to get back up and running. Thanks evryone.

I will be calling digi on monday.

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4
Old 03-27-2004, 04:19 PM

Default Re: ATTENTION DIGI 002 USERS!!!

That's the power harness again. Bummer. It seems that they replaced your lemon with another lemon, unfortunately.

Maybe have them send you the power harness cable and do it yourself this time. That way if it ever happens again, you'll know the source of the problem, and may be able to troubleshoot it yourself.

IMHO however, anyone who spends $2200 on a piece of gear shouldn't have to do that, but what are you gonna' do? Switch to Logic? [tongue planted firmly in-cheek.]

-Goobs

Old 03-27-2004, 05:29 PM

Quote:
IMHO however, anyone who spends $2200 on a piece of gear shouldn't have to do that, but what are you gonna' do? Switch to Logic? [tongue planted firmly in-cheek.]

-Goobs

As a matter of fact...

I'm just waiting for my piggy bank to fill up.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:38 PM

I second Jeff. Definitely the power harness. Looks just like mine did two months ago.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:52 PM

mine died twice even though digi said it wasnt the power harness (on the second time).. they fixed it though...

petr
Old 03-27-2004, 10:42 PM

Greets DEVIZE.

That is exactly as mine looked. Digi service guys here replaced something and now mine sort of works again.

Except now mine has a new bug.

When I open a session, the scribble strips don't always light up, nor do the faders work. If I reset the i/o everything seems to spring back to life then. Pretty annoying but not as annoying as when the whole thing didn't work.

Best of luck.

Haigbabe
Old 03-28-2004, 10:43 AM

Thanks for all the replies...

Did any of you have to pay to fix the issue? Did Digi take care of the shipping &/or product replacement fee? Thanks again.

Old 03-29-2004, 03:58 AM

Digi took care of everything for me.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:08 AM

Funny- all this time I didn't know what that issue was- I've been pulling hairs lately- I had one of the orignal 002s, had it replaced back in March/April '03- now for the last month it's been doing that again. But the funny thing is, it won't act funny unless opening a session with over 8 tracks, that is, with 8 or more faders active, it resets itself. I've found that if I make less than 8 tracks visible, then bring up a dialog window (such as import audio) and then cancel out, it will jump back to attention, but this is really screwing with my sessions and getting worse.

I'm over a year out of the warranty phase now- but seeing as this is now going to be the 3rd 002 I'm getting, I feel like I should get some consideration, especially because this is apparently such a widespread problem!! How much is Digi going to charge just to replace my faulty power supply which really shouldn't be crapping out TWICE in a year and a half.. (or better yet send me a new unit???)

-David Bayles; Art & Fear