Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2003, 04:45 AM

Default Hey, my plugin settings have gone away...

Ptools 5.1 running on 9.2.1: today I tried to open my Lexiverb settings
(the hundreds of presets normally available in the pulldown area) and
they are gone. I can access them one at a time by navigating thru menus
to the DAE folder, but they do not appear in the minimenus in each plug.

Any thoughts on why and how I can get these back en masse?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Hey, my plugin settings have gone away...

Make sure you have the right folder selected as the 'root settings folder'. You can get to that preference from the pulldown menu of the plug-in librarian under 'settings preferences > set root settings folder'. You'll want to navigate to your system drive, System Folder > DAE Folder > Plug-in settings. Select the plug-in settings folder and hit 'choose'. I'm assuming of course that you haven't moved the plug-in settings from where they would have likely defaulted to being saved. If that's the case, you should be able to put them back into the plug-in settings folder and be back in business. Be aware though, within the plug-in settings folder will be subfolders for each plug-in with saved settings, so there will be a specific folder in there for Lexiverb. Within those folders, you can have more subfolders so that when you go to the pop-up, they're further divided into categories. Good luck!!

Old 12-09-2003, 10:40 AM

Shawn's right. I've also found when that happens throw away your prefs, restart and then do the proceedure Shawn mentioned. PT will then relearn where it's at. I've had that happen several times, often for no apparent reason at all.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:22 AM

I have trashed all prefs. The setting return for a few hours then dissapear again. Actually my TC tools settings have dissapeared all together - never return regardless of trying to set folder, erasing settings and re-installing and pref trashing. On Panther G4 MDD 6.22PT and HD4 - I realise it's not supported but aside from this everything eles is fine. Actually it was fine until a few days ago. I'd really like to find out why my prefs are being corrupted ... don't want to make a new identity everytime theres a problem either!

ANYBODY??

Ainslie
Old 01-27-2004, 01:40 PM

Solved my own problem. I deleted the setting folder for TC products. Then copied the settings folder from my Jaguar installation. I noticed that when I tried to look at the settings the TC tools 3.7 made it said I did not have permission - repairing permissions did not fix it. Maybe the 3.6 install would work better, but copting the old folder fixed it ..

Ainslie