Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2003, 11:52 AM

Default Plugins missing from insert list

Hi,

We have 5 Protools HD in 5 different studio. They all work perfectly, except 1 studio.

All the studio are about the same except for processor speed and RAM amount, but that aint the issue. (They all have the same softwares installed, they are use mainly for Studio work (no graphics, internet and Word apps...) The problems comes with the plugins installed on 1 of the computer.

That computer for instance, has the exact same plugins installed (with different authorisations, of course) but some dont show up in the insert list.

The protools is a HD 5.3.1r2, the plugins that dont list are the 4 d-fi series (lofi/scifi/varifi..etc) and the Waves Linear series except the L2.... (LinMulti-band and LinEq...) So I don't think its a Digi-only-plugs related thing... I think the Focusrite D2 also but not the Focusrite D3....

I reformated the drive, performed a clean install, downloaded updates, copied those plugs from one of the other studio where they work fine and they never show up.

I trashed the prefs (both digi and waves) a couple of time, zapped the pram, rebuilt the desktop.... in a few words, did every "basic" things a technician should be doing to get his things working... I even did a norton disk doctor, re-installled PT a few time (corrupted application? no, it wasn't).

It's getting on my nerves, I don't know what to do about it anymore. I've tried everything. Searched the Digi Answerbase and forums.... nothing....

I don't know what to suspect anymore, Ptools, MacOs 9.22? The computer? Ilok? (it would at least tell my to buy them if it wasn't registered...)

And this happened only since we upgraded to HD..