Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2002, 12:57 AM

Default Pro Tools crashes PC when closed!!

Hopefully someone out there or someone at digidesign can help me. I saw one similar posting for the LE version a year or so ago but no solution was posted. I have been using Pro Tools Free for two years on my PIII 650 with no problems since day one. However, I recently purchased the following system:

P4 1.8 GHz, Windows ME, Intel D845BG Motherboard, 256 MB 266MhZ DDR RAM, Intel Ultra ATA Controller with 2 40 Gb Maxtor 7200 RPM Drives, Audiophile 2496 Card.

I can open files, record, save, and close my sessions. The problem is that each time go to close the Pro Tools program itself, my PC automatically re-boots with an improper shutdown message and a scandisk for errors! My work around has been to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot the machine after saving all my work. I have tried updating drivers, shutting down all programs except explorer and systray, disabling all hardware devices not in use. Any solutions/ideas?

Thanks very much for any help!

Oliver
Old 09-05-2002, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools crashes PC when closed!!

Hi all!

I'm new on the list and saw this problem, but I don't have any solution, but I have encounterd the same problem with audiophile 2496. I got one for testing and planned to buy more for my pupils computers, but...
When I shut down PT free the computer hangs, sometimes for a while, sometimes restarts after about 5 sec. Once with blue screen, mainly with scandisc.

I have brand new IBM NetVista 1,6 GHz, 512 MB RAM, the rest IBM standard. One harddisc with two partitions.

I saw no reply to the first mail, has noone else seen this?

Hans P