Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-28-2021, 06:43 AM

Default Re: *******Don't install the new security update from Apple for Catalina or Mojave***

Same problem here, yellow dots all over my S1 screens... absolutely unusable !

It is absolutely unacceptable that no one here at avid test the beta releases for the apple security updates :-( If so, they would have warn us, all registered users.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 AM

Default Re: *******Don't install the new security update from Apple for Catalina or Mojave***

I've been waiting a whole week before updating, carefully watching my mailbox. Of course, I own a lot of product and will not go through each forum to see if a piece of software does not work after the update.

A simple mail to all registered eucon users would have been greatly appreciated.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:35 AM

Adding my bit to this thread too, so that hopefully I'll see info on the potential fix that EddieJones mentioned earlier, as soon as it comes in, hot off the press.

Same issue with my Artist, yellow screens

Macbook Pro (16 inch, 2019)
Catalina 10.15.7
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
PT 2021.6
Eucon 2021.6.0.181

Won't install any updates on our S6 setup until this is fixed. Is this even an issue with S6?
Old 07-28-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiograce View Post
Crap ... too late ... completely Blanked out scribble strips on all 3 of my S1's. Is there an easy solution back back-reving OS (Mojave?)

Eucon 2021.6
PT 2020.12.1
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Dito ... too late :-s
Old 07-28-2021, 10:11 AM
Avid

We have a meeting with Apple this afternoon. If they give the green light I will post a patch today.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:38 PM

Happy to see about the meeting hopefully happening!

I wanted to add that originally I thought it was the Eucon 2021.6 update that caused this problem, I updated OS last night and all was fine. Then when I updated Eucon to 2021.6 immediately the OLEDs went yellow, unreadable. The combo of 2021.6+Security Update was my issue. Maybe older Eucon is still fine? Hope to see a patch asap.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:43 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt.composer View Post
Happy to see about the meeting hopefully happening!

I wanted to add that originally I thought it was the Eucon 2021.6 update that caused this problem, I updated OS last night and all was fine. Then when I updated Eucon to 2021.6 immediately the OLEDs went yellow, unreadable. The combo of 2021.6+Security Update was my issue. Maybe older Eucon is still fine? Hope to see a patch asap.
No, previous EUCON is also affected
Old 07-28-2021, 06:04 PM
Avid

We met with Apple and just need to test the EUCON build thats going now, I'll hopefully be able to provide a temporary link tomorrow. Apple will fix properly in another OSX release later.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We met with Apple and just need to test the EUCON build thats going now, I'll hopefully be able to provide a temporary link tomorrow. Apple will fix properly in another OSX release later.
Thanks for the fast work on this!

Joe
Logic Pro 10.7.9
Eucon 2023.12
2 Artist Mixes
Avid Control on an iPad
Soundflow & Streamdeck XL
UA Apollo|x|16, UA Apollo Twin|x, UA TB Octo Satellite
Old 07-29-2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post

Thank you sooo much for helping quickly.
This is urgent and I think it is not helping at all that the wear on the pixels is that high right now :-s