Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-25-2021, 05:32 PM

Default Re: *******Don't install the new security update from Apple for Catalina or Mojave***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Its looking like it causes issues with the screen on multiple different EUCON surfaces old and new. Investigating.
Do you think this is something that Avid might be able to address or do we have to wait on an Apple update?

Thanks,

Joe
Logic Pro 10.7.9
Eucon 2023.12
2 Artist Mixes
Avid Control on an iPad
Soundflow & Streamdeck XL
UA Apollo|x|16, UA Apollo Twin|x, UA TB Octo Satellite

Last edited by joeshepard; 07-26-2021 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:33 AM
Avid

Default Re: *******Don't install the new security update from Apple for Catalina or Mojave***

We have already made a workaround but we need Apple's help on the issue before we can be certain. I'll keep updating this thread when I know more.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:42 PM

Very sad, too late to see this post. my Mac OS 10.15.7, after the latest security update, my artist mix display are all unreadable, please provide a work around asap? many thanks Avid team!!!

OS version: Mac OS 10.15.5
Avid hardware model:- Artist Mix
Pro Tools 2020.5
Old 07-26-2021, 03:03 PM

Darn it. Same thing, S3 bright yellow lights, ugh. Let us know when there's a fix for this, thank you Eddie
Old 07-26-2021, 09:22 PM

AVID logo on OLED on startup, yellow squares once EuControl is opened. Everything else works fine in PT (faders, pan, etc.)

AVID Artist Mix x2

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 - latest security update
iMac Pro
3gHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
64GB memory
Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB

One TB-3 display connected

Wish I could go back on the security update!
Old 07-26-2021, 11:18 PM

ditto on the solid yellow OLEDS on S3 after the security update
Old 07-27-2021, 08:36 AM

27" iMac with a 2nd display, S1 with iPad , and an AVID Dock with iPad. OS Catalina 10.15.7
Old 07-28-2021, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We have already made a workaround but we need Apple's help on the issue before we can be certain. I'll keep updating this thread when I know more.

Same problem here, I've seen this post to late.

Let us know something, please!!! S3 unreadable...
Old 07-28-2021, 02:45 AM

same problem here after Mojave security update

AVID S1 all OLED lit up.

PT Ultimate 2020.11
OMNI HD Native

Last edited by island man; 07-28-2021 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:39 AM

While I am not affected (since my system is offline most of the time, with small online periods for planned updates) I think this should make AVID, apple and the entire pro audio sector (all of us) think.

Cloud based copy protection means that our systems are either not as safe as possible or potentially incompatible with the latest version of our combination softwares at a given point in time.

Of course, for those of us who work on copyright critical material for clients this means we will absolutely NEED continued support for offline systems with dongles (as long as there is no simpler serial number system in place). A copy protection system for DAWs that needs a steady internet connection has a second real problem other than copy protection server maintenance work or a broken internet connection: online security.

Apple is mentioning that the vulnerabilities they fixed in the x.5.1 updates have already been used in the wild to attack mac systems.
So what do you do when you want to work with your hardware controllers and DAW but also want to use the internet on the same machine?

It's a good sign that AVID has been completely open about the OLED problem and that they are already working on a solution, but maybe we should all take a step back and think about that internet connection to our DAW systems again...