Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-30-2020, 10:22 PM

Default Can't seem to open "cloud project" created with Pro Tools First with Pro Tools

I just bought the full version of Pro Tools after using First for a few months and I have three projects located "in the cloud". They show up in my list of projects but when I try to open one I get a box that says "Looking for new versions on cloud...". That just hangs (I've waited for for up to 10 minutes).

I've read about the preference to save locally and not the cloud, but I've been collaborating and needed the cloud.

I am able to open a different project though (although it's been downloading for close to 20 minutes and it's just half way through the 86 revisions). What's up with that? That never happened in First.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Can't seem to open "cloud project" created with Pro Tools First with Pro Tools

I was eventually able to open the first project, but now there's another one that gives me a hard error. I get "There was a problem downloading "song name". I can still open it in First but not the full version of PT.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Can't seem to open "cloud project" created with Pro Tools First with Pro Tools

It's possible that something didn't sync correctly with that one project that will not open.

You can try opening it in First, making some small changes to the project, then saving it, which should force it to sync again.

With cloud sync, it is critical to make sure that projects have finished syncing before exiting PT or Windows for that matter.

You should always have the PT Task Manager window open (Window -> Task Manager) to make sure there are no running processes before closing PT.

As for the slow downloads, sometimes I think it's just Avid's servers being slow, but sometimes just logging out of your Avid account from within PT, then logging in again will for whatever reason speed things up.

System Details
Old 07-31-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
It's possible that something didn't sync correctly with that one project that will not open.

You can try opening it in First, making some small changes to the project, then saving it, which should force it to sync again.

With cloud sync, it is critical to make sure that projects have finished syncing before exiting PT or Windows for that matter.

You should always have the PT Task Manager window open (Window -> Task Manager) to make sure there are no running processes before closing PT.

As for the slow downloads, sometimes I think it's just Avid's servers being slow, but sometimes just logging out of your Avid account from within PT, then logging in again will for whatever reason speed things up.
What would the fix be if it just doesn't get past the "Looking for new versions on cloud" pop up? I can't open anything I've saved on the cloud. Trash prefs?
Old 01-22-2022, 03:08 AM

I am having the same problem. I have 15 projects save to the cloud and now can’t open any of them.

Did you get a resolution to this
Old 01-22-2022, 10:14 AM

You might get faster help if you file a support case with Avid support. https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

Folks all over DUC have been reporting issues with this cloud mess for years, many folks here (including me) have been warning not to trust any work on this. You really need to get off First and/or Avid cloud.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP1978 View Post
...I have 15 projects save to the cloud and now can’t open any of them...
Welcome to the community.

I see you started a support case for this so please watch for a case update email.

The projects are also on your drive as long as you don't manually Remove Local Cache... for them in Pro Tools' Dashboard.

Also, please back up (but don't delete or move) your Project Cache folder (HD/Users/*username*/Documents/Pro Tools/) and Project Locations folder (HD/Users/*username*/Library/Preferences/Avid/).