How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2012, 05:36 AM

Default No Sound when Pro Tools Closed.

Hi all,

This is my first post and I'll be honest, i'm a complete novice at this. I've searched all over the web for a solution to this and maybe I've just looked in the wrong places or not understood the answers but...

Anyways..I've managed to get things working with Pro Tools 10, sounds, instruments etc..But, now...If i have Pro Tools open, I dont get any other sounds from anything else..Web Browser, media player..anything..So if i'm trying to watch a tutorial video with pro tools 10 open, i cant.

Originally I had the ASIO4ALL driver installed, but I couldn't get my head around it as it kept coming up with errors, so i uninstalled that and went back to my original set up (Fast Track Pro, Axiom 25) and everything seems to work fine as far as sounds go from Pro Tools, but nothing else.
If I reboot sometimes i can get sounds back, but it's sporadic.

The sound device used is the Line 1/2 M Audio Fast Track Pro.

I have my Fast Track Pro connected Via USB
and my AXIOM 25 connected direct to my pc via USB

I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) Service pack 1
and Pro Tools 10.2.

If i try changing the sound device to either the Realtek Digital output or the S/PDIF (M Audio Fast Track) i still get no sounds from my pc.

am I missing something obvious or doing something fundamentally wrong.

I have no ideas about Home Recording at the moment and am fluffing my way through by error more than anything.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 AM

Default Re: No Sound when Pro Tools Closed.

no ideas about this one?