Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2003, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Easy there BassTard! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I thought that it was a cool video too. Tried to post something on it last week, but I think that it did not go thru. I think that the singer has a very Al Jorgensen look to him. Minus the mic stand loaded with skulls look, but still very cool. I like the film transition from the live to the outside up against the wall thing too. Very cool effect. The song is cool too..

Good deal... Let the bass player look around though! Like miagi "eyes always look eyes!" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 07-15-2003, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

yo byteme,
what mics and pre's did you use for oxygen. sounds real good. did you masster in PTLE or in another software? Did you use any analog outboard? Just curious. Also, any other converters besides digi?

later
Benjy
Old 07-15-2003, 01:19 PM

Thanks for all the comments on the vid. Re: needing more bass player that seems to be a popular comment! Don't blame us though, the director did all the editing and stuff totally on his own. He wrote the treatment and conceptualized all the stuff. But he is a badass for sure - if any of you all are on the West Coast looking for someone that does videos his name is Mike Sloat and he is represented by Arsenal, Inc. (323) 957-5100 or you can contact him directly at [email protected].

LINKS TO DECONSTRUCT VIDEO - WM9 ONLY
Old 07-15-2003, 01:20 PM

Alright, here's a few little bits that I've thrown together over the past month. Not really concentrating on composition as much as production, it's tough when you have to convert to mp3 though. Anyway, let me know what you think. Cheers! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
http://www.SutherlandSoundDesign.com
Old 07-15-2003, 03:40 PM

Pure
I think production ideas are fine,Drums and the acoustic gtr's sound fine (snare almost knock's my head off , but that's kind of a good thing,your call)
low's on bass seemed really hot, kinda boomy ,but feel's like you were tryin' to, so it's again, your call.
Distorted electric guitar sound, feels like a stock Ibanez RG into a pod or other modeling apperatus. they have mid's,but not much sparkle.Maybe it's a preferance thing too,but i really enjoy classic pick-up's and a good tube amp. A good sound can be done w/o these, but......
I'm bieng so pissy, 'cause I think it's great, and well, I'm
just pissy sometimes [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 04:05 PM

Hey thanks for your reply there Arch. Ya, I was going big on the snare and the Bass...but maybe a little too much on your monitors, dunno. Ibanez? bite your tongue, can't stand them. It's a strat, but doesn't make much difference once you put it through a modeler, which was what I used by the way, Amplitube. When you record direct and then lay over the modeler, you tend to lose a lot of brightness. And would you believe that everything other than the 6-strings is all midi? Thanks again, Cheers!
Old 07-15-2003, 04:37 PM

Man,
sorry about that Ibanez RG crack, your right ,that was low.
Tell your Strat, I'm very sorry.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:56 PM

It's all good. BTW, did those files play fine for you, or did you have to right click, save to desktop? I've had problems with my FTP site. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Is there something in my teeth?
Old 07-15-2003, 06:16 PM

my mac's a one button doo-hickey........right click [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I think I clicked the right one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Yes, it look's like a piece of spinach
Old 07-15-2003, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IntelDoc:
Let the bass player look around though! Like miagi "eyes always look eyes!" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">BaSsTaRd say eyes always look [somewhere else not repeatable here]... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]