Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2013, 05:01 PM

Default My Ground Control lights aren't syncing to my Eleven Rack

Yo guys, i'm back, for those who remember me as one of the "Originals"...Dumped my Axe Fx's cause honestly i like the tones i get from my pedals/amp...With that said, i also love modeling. Just don't want to tie up 3K any longer on it. Enter my 2nd time w/11R. This time with Exp Pk. I'm loving it guys. It gets great tones. With that siad i do have a small delimma. I bought the VL Ground Control Pro from a guy on ebay. He however had the wrong setup for me as far as the VLGC Pro. Anyway i set up the VLGCP w the instant access buttons i like using. My delimma is the lights on the pedalboard don't light with whats on the 11R. They do go on/off, just if the presets call for OD/Delay and whatever and no lights appear on...is this the way it works or did i do something wrong/or forgot to do something? Any help would be appreaciated. I have it set up for 4 presets and 8 instant access ....cheers pete
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 PM

Default Re: My Ground Control lights aren't syncing to my Eleven Rack

Its working as intended/expected. There is no smarts inside the Eleven Rack that can send signals to the foot controller to set LED state. This has been discussed a long time ago here when many of us were hoping for a better integrated foot controller, and there were folks like Chris Townsend around to listen....

Darryl
Old 05-25-2013, 07:14 PM

Thanks Darrell. I appreciate it. Wasn't sure if i messed up or not. What still baffles me though is that some presets have leds lit and some have none lit. None have all lit though....cheers pete
Old 05-26-2013, 11:06 AM

Is there a 'Reset to Defaults' on the GCP so at least you could get it back to a default setup to tweak? Maybe the previous owner had some odd configurations that is messing up your needs with 11R. ??
Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Git View Post
Yo guys, i'm back, for those who remember me as one of the "Originals"...Dumped my Axe Fx's cause honestly i like the tones i get from my pedals/amp...With that said, i also love modeling. Just don't want to tie up 3K any longer on it. Enter my 2nd time w/11R. This time with Exp Pk. I'm loving it guys. It gets great tones. With that siad i do have a small delimma. I bought the VL Ground Control Pro from a guy on ebay. He however had the wrong setup for me as far as the VLGC Pro. Anyway i set up the VLGCP w the instant access buttons i like using. My delimma is the lights on the pedalboard don't light with whats on the 11R. They do go on/off, just if the presets call for OD/Delay and whatever and no lights appear on...is this the way it works or did i do something wrong/or forgot to do something? Any help would be appreaciated. I have it set up for 4 presets and 8 instant access ....cheers pete
Actually I had quickly read your post and misunderstood what you are doing. It sounds like you just have not set up the presets properly. I am pretty sure how to do what you want has been discussed on DUC before but I can't find it, but you can see the instruction over at the Vodoo Labs forum at http://www.voodoolab.com/forum/viewt...=2688&start=10. If you are already doing that then try a full restore of settings and try again. If that does not work I would contact Vodoo Labs.

This will set the initial LED state correctly for in a preset. What you cannot do is change an effect on or off on the front panel of the Eleven Rack and have that reflected in the Ground Control LEDs... that is what I had assumed you were trying to do.

Its not clear if you had an MFC-101 before with your Axe-FX, but I would have kept the MFC-101 controller to use that with the Eleven Rack.

Darryl
Old 05-26-2013, 02:00 PM

Thanks Daryl, i'm in business...thats all it was....thanks a bunch...pete

i sold off the MFC101 cause i didn't want to tie up much money in modeling....for what i sold my MFC for i bought both 11R and VLGC Pro....lol
Old 05-30-2013, 01:45 PM

I use the XMIT with Preset feature in the GCP with the 11R. I program an 11R patch with all effects off, then program a GCP preset that sends the state of every instant access switch as soon as its selected. I'll use it this way live, for example, to go from a dry Plexi sound, to overdrive, vibe, and delay, with one tap, staying within the 11R patch. No patch change dropouts. The GCP manual explains how to set each instant access switch to XMIT with preset.