Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Application launch Failure -- shared library error

Mac G4, 733 mhz PPC, 1.12 GM SDRAM,

Tiger 10.4.9, PT LE 6.9.2, upgraded from PT LE 6.9

MBox

I get this error when I try to start Pro Tools LE 6.9.2:

The application "Pro Tools LE 6.9.2" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "4<Pro Tools PPC dbg><Pro Tools PPC dbg><DAE><FreeFic>"

I followed the instructions at http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...1&itemid=20601 on the answerbase for fixing this problem, and this is what happened:

I did a clean uninstall, first on the update, and then on the full version.

When it finished, it looks like it deletes the Pro Tools Preferences, the Digisetup.OSX file, and the DAE Prefs Folder during the uninstall, because I could not find them even when I searched with spotlight. When It finished, it did say that it could not erase some files, but the ones mentioned above were not there.

then I restarted, repaired permissions with disk doctor (that was a digidesign tech's advice). This is what it said:

"Repairing permissions for “80 GB HD”
Determining correct file permissions.
Group differs on ./private/etc/authorization, should be 80, group is 0
Owner and group corrected on ./private/etc/authorization
Permissions corrected on ./private/etc/authorization

Permissions repair complete
The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume"

then I installed Protools again and got the same error:

The application "Pro Tools LE 6.9" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "4<Pro Tools PPC dbg><Pro Tools PPC dbg><DAE><FreeFic>"

Just to make sure, I also downloaded and installed the PACE protection file from the site a few days ago. THe file is called "macextsx.dmg"

Before any of this, I reinstalled OS X and used the Combo pack instead of using Software Update as the website instructs. The only thing that has fixed the problem is reinstalling OS X. I have already done that a few times and hope there is another solution.

Still no luck. Strange thing is, it worked earlier today, and I did not install any software or make any drastic changes. I did add my songs back to Itunes, but I don't see how that would cause a problem.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Application launch Failure -- shared library error

You need to look at the compatibility pages in the support area before posting things like this. You need to upgrade to PT LE version 7. Also check the thread Digi posted regarding 10.4.9

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3