Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Freezes occuring while loading hardware drivers

Howdy all-

Running WinXP SP2 on a system with P4 (2.8GHz), 512 MB RAM, and a AOpen motherboard (Intel 865 PE chipset). Have a Creative Audigy 2 Z5 (using an ASIO driver).
When installing my MBox with 6.1.1, my machine froze when loading Digidesign Device Drivers. After reboot, ProTools wouldn't completely uninstall from the Control Panel, nor would it repair the existing installation. Had to get RegCleaner to do so.

I've tried installing to the default program files directory, as well as a fresh and defragmened 130 GB partition I created on a SATA drive.
Have tried 5.3, 6.4, and even M-Powered (I know, I know...) all to the same effect.

I've disabled hyper-threading in my BIOS, turned off font smoothing, enabled DMA on all IDE's, checked background services on my processor scheduling, and selected system cache for memory usage.

Am I overlooking something blatantly obvious? The MBox works fine on a Macintosh running 6.4.1.

Any suggestions, comments, questions, or solutions would be more than appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Freezes occuring while loading hardware driver

This is the wrong forum - TDM uses different hardware and software. Post (or first search) on the appropriate ProtoolsLE forum (use the Jump button at the bottom of this page).